As if the HEAT wasn't enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if the HEAT wasn't enough...

It was flat boiling in my pop-up in the afternoons this weekend. And on top of that, my Ripcord dropaway rest failed for the 1st time EVER on me Saturday evening. Had 4 delicious looking 100 pounders at 30 yards. Drew back and let my arrow fly. My 1st thought was, THAT WAS LOUDER THAN USUAL! Then I watched my arrow fly all screwy and smack the dirt and rock directly below the belly of the hog I had centered my sight on. They scattered. I felt confused and disappointed all at the same time. Looked at my bow and sure enough, my Ripcord rest was still in its upright position! What the hell? Grabbed the string, gave it a slight tug, let go and BAM. The rest did what it was supposed to do. Tried it a few more times and it worked flawlessly. Nocked another arrow and waited for the next porker to wander in. And wander in she did about 20 minutes later. But, she stayed behind brush to the left of my clearing and never presented a shot. Picked up my arrow and a vane was ripped off. I'm actually surprised it flew as straight as it did to be honest. Gonna do some backyard testing over the next week and see if the issue can be reproduced. Guess it was just that piggy's lucky day. Did I mention it was HOT?!? Happy hunting yall!
    Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 10-10-2021, 07:48 PM.

That sucks. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon

Comment

Weather changing this week
      Seen new bucks here at the house last two mornings
      All swole and healthy. Horns not broken

Finally feels like deer season

Comment

Whisker Biscuit and you will not have to worry about any failures. Put mine on in about 1997, no failures. Hunted with the same one for who knows how long? Thousands of shots with no failures. Retired it when I retired my Legacy, about 5-6 years ago. Presently have one on my Creed, 5 years old, no failures. Cannot argue with success.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          Whisker Biscuit and you will not have to worry about any failures. Put mine on in about 1997, no failures. Hunted with the same one for who knows how long? Thousands of shots with no failures. Retired it when I retired my Legacy, about 5-6 years ago. Presently have one on my Creed, 5 years old, no failures. Cannot argue with success.
          I have one on my backup bow. It has worked very well over the years.

Comment

Working...
          X