• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Seafood in Lake Jackson area

Ready set go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooks in Freeport has good food and great environment

Comment

Not a lot of choices, swap shack, LJ Seafood and red lobster actually in LJ. La serenita on your way to surfside is supposed to be pretty good but haven’t tried it. Hooks has a cool atmosphere right on the water but I don’t think the food is special and the menu is pretty limited.

Comment

The place on the pond you can dive in

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dorado Restaurant
          Under the bridge at Freeport serves seafood

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            The place on the pond you can dive in

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Asiels forgot about them, food pretty good and I think Friday and Saturday they have all you can eat fried shrimp.

Comment

Not a whole bunch of options in Lake Jackson. Lake Jackson Seafood and Swamp Shack is about it in town. If you head towards Surfside, Dorado’s Dive Club, Hooks, Beachfront Deck Bar, Seahorse, and The Red Snapper Inn. We really like Beachfront, it’s right on the water, good food and drinks.

Comment

Don’t know how it compares, but a good buddy lived in LJ for 5-6 years. When I went to LJ to visit he took me to Pier 31 (I think) a few miles away, and it was fantastic.

Comment

Not in LJ, but I always liked Dido's on the San Bernard. 2922 CR 519 Brazoria.

Stu

Comment

Swamp Shack is good Cajun food.

Comment

Dido's (Brazoria/Churchill area) was always good when I lived in the area (grew up in the area), but I haven't been there in 25 years so can't say now. I do still like to go to Red Snapper Inn at Surfside. They've been pretty consistent for the last 30+ years. Also try On The River in Freeport, if for nothing more than their cornbread and coleslaw.

Comment

Best Seafood in Lake Jackson area

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                        Dido's (Brazoria/Churchill area) was always good when I lived in the area (grew up in the area), but I haven't been there in 25 years so can't say now. I do still like to go to Red Snapper Inn at Surfside. They've been pretty consistent for the last 30+ years. Also try On The River in Freeport, if for nothing more than their cornbread and coleslaw.

We got a house on the Bernard, Dido’s has been junk for a while now, it has changed ownership multiple times over the last several years. On The River isn’t much better. The Swamp Shack is a revamp of their failed River Pointe but it seems to have better food.

Comment

I do like going to the Red Snapper in Surfside...the spicy crab claws are good. Actually in LJ is hit or miss....Table24 can be good...haven’t been there in a while though.

Comment

We just celebrated tonight our 10th anniversary at the Red Snapper Inn at Surfside and it was very good.

Comment

We hit up swamp shack, food and service was really good

Comment

Working...
                              X