how much to charge for mowing a pasture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much to charge for mowing a pasture

whats the going rate for mowing a pasture these days?
    i've been asked to mow the 35 acre pasture across the street from our place and i'm not sure what number i should give them. this is navarro county, the pasture is mostly clean and id be running a 15' batwing.

I was quoted 35 to 40 a acre in bell county

Comment

not sure about today's rates, but it equated to $1 per minute in the past around north TX

Comment

How fast can you mow 35 acres? I would want it to work out to 125-150/hr since it is that close

You should be able to mow about 5 ac/hour at 3 mph. Still very easy to do more damage to your equipment than you will get paid. Ruin a tire or damage your shredder and you have lost money.
        Last edited by BrianL; 07-15-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drs View Post
          I was quoted 35 to 40 a acre in bell county
          same here.

Comment

Minimum $125 an hr
            Your time
            Your fuel
            Your wear and tear on equipment

What’s your worth? Only you can answer that

You have bills to pay as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seadrift area $75-100 an hour is what I was quoted with a 15’ bat wing

Comment

Since it is the first time to mow not knowing where all the holes, junk and trash is I wouldn't do it for less than $1400. 35 acres X $37.50 = $1,312.50. Plus diesel is not cheap anymore.

Comment

Quote what you are comfortable with. If it's too much for them, they can find someone else.

Comment

35-40 an hour is current market rate for tractor work.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                      Seadrift area $75-100 an hour is what I was quoted with a 15’ bat wing
                      Basically 35 an hour per shredder. Sounds right.

Comment

I personally would not quote him a fixed price. I'd quote him a cost/hour and tell him you'll mow it well and as fast as you safely can to protect his property and your equipment... Also might tell him he's responsible for any repairs to your equipment caused by debris unseen in the pasture (cut tire, broken/sheared blade or pins, etc)...

Now if the guy is a friend/neighbor, might be different, but just hiring me n my equipment out, I'd make sure I was covered... Start with you tractor full of diesel and end with it full of diesel and charge him a fuel charge would be acceptable (especially if you give him a low rate)

Comment

Tractor

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          35-40 an hour is current market rate for tractor work.
                          This is way to cheap!!!!!!!! When you run a 15 foot mower you are going to burn some diesel. I wouldn't do for less than 35 an acre. I would quote $40 and go from there.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by DEADEYE1 View Post
                            This is way to cheap!!!!!!!! When you run a 15 foot mower you are going to burn some diesel. I wouldn't do for less than 35 an acre. I would quote $40 and go from there.

Good luck
                            You are talking about 3x mower. So about 100 an hour.

Comment

Working...
                            X