Lake Whitney lodging??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Whitney lodging??

Headed there late July for a couple days and need to find a place to stay! Weight in is at Harbor Masters or McCowan Park. Not sure yet but need somewhere we can crash a couple days and park a boat! I prefer a cabin but hotels with doors to the parking area work in a pinch! Any suggestions??

It’s been a while, but this was really nice, have a boat ramp. cliffview lake whitney https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...34jw1QcOb-FN1i

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
      It’s been a while, but this was really nice, have a boat ramp. cliffview lake whitney https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...34jw1QcOb-FN1i
      Yup. Not far across the lake to harbormaster either.

Also some little cabins in Laguna Park by Bosque Resort that are close.
      Good grub at West Shore Grill as well.

Comment

Hope fully the water goes down before your trip.... You can't even see the road to the ramp at our house.

Cliffview is nice and would be my suggestion.

Comment

Cliffview is good and I believe there are some new cabins at juniper marina. I noticed them while fishing last weekend. Juniper is really close to mccowan.

Comment

Thanks y’all! Got 6 weeks so maybe water will go done some!! I’m getting tired of fishing flooded out lakes for tourneys.

Comment

Cliffview cabins and boat ramp was a great setup. Not the fanciest but good, well protected cove, private docks, and private ramp was excellent.

Comment

The lake is on the rise big time right now. It's already 12.0 feet above normal. And I expect it may reach 20 above with Grandburys current release due to what PK is currently releasing. The W lake is currently releasing 21,507 cfs. And Granbury above it is releasing 35,094 cfs. The other projects in the Brazos Valley below the W lake are releasing as well. ACE is trying to keep from flooding the middle and lower Brazos Valley system. The W lake is usually used as a catchers mitt to release the water a little more slowly. 20-25 feet above normal is common during rainy seasons like we've had. It could be sometime in late Aug before we see the W lake back down to normal, pending any more rain in the upper Brazos basin.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                X