Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet gun recommendation

Best “bang” for the buck
    Squirrels, rats, snakes etc. around the house.
    Preferably not co2.

Thanks.

Gammo swarm 2nd generation 22 cal

Comment

Love my Benjamin 392 pump in .22 Open sights.

It is fired at least twice a week for the last 12 years. 4 pumps will hammer a squirrel.

When you store it, keep one pump in the gun.

Comment

RWS makes the best pellet gun out there in my opinion. But it all depends on how much you're lookin to spend too.

Comment

My resume shoots circles around my sons Gamo whisper.

Comment

I have a Gamo .177 that will knock squirrels off a power pole from 30 yds away and 30 feet up daid before they hit the ground. I put a cheap Simmons 3-10x scope on it and its actually held zero for about 10 years now. I use those gold colored pellets. They are the most accurate in mine and hit the hardest.

Comment

I bought a cheap Daisy powerline 880. Works just fine on squirrels and snakes around the house.

Comes with a cheesey little scope that works alright.

Comment

Tagged
                Also looking for a new squirrel gun

Comment

I have a Ruger pellet rifle that has been accurate and durable for the last 10+ years. Lots of critters have regretted going after my chickens. But I think any one that shoots 1200-1400 fps should do fine.

Comment

Thank you for the advice.

I had a Benjamin .22 cal pump as a kid
                    It lasted forever. And killed all kinds or critters.

Big pig

Comment

I like my multi pump air rifles (392), but honestly find pumping them up so many times is a drag on fun. I bought this gun as I hated the springers feel and the torque jump as spring goes "sprong." Mine is not terribly accurate, but I do like that it is lightweight and simple. The accuracy of these seems a bit hit and miss based on tons of reviews. Some great, some not so great. Mine is a bit bigger than a quarter group at 20yds. I have done nothing to find the right pellets or work trigger, etc.

New "nitro piston" springers changed my mind about a decade ago. I picked up Benjamin Trail when they had some "refurbished" models for like $130. Great little air guns. Way more power than I need to take down squirrels, and very accurate, quiet shooters. Still a springer, you really need to watch your hold. I can confidently take head shots on squirrels out to ~20yds with them. I have in .22, sort of wish I had picked up .177 for cheaper ammo and tiny game. One simple cock and you are done, beats 392 for me. Triggers were "ok" then, not sure how they are now. I had to do a bit of work on mine, the mating surfaces were very rough. I did nothing but smooth rough surfaces, am a machinist, not a gunsmith.

I have more expensive PCP.. doesnt get shot much at all as it is a ton more work to get er ready. Deadly accurate, dead silent.. but takes a real effort to go out. Break barrel nitro pistons are so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Thank you for the advice.

I had a Benjamin .22 cal pump as a kid
                        It lasted forever. And killed all kinds or critters.

Big pig
                        Also in the market for something like the op asked about, thanks for the good info. In my early teens I hunted all kinds of small game with my Crosman 140. Six pumps, iron sights, very smooth trigger pull, any target within 25 or so yards would have a .22 pellet bad day. It won’t hold a pump anymore, but that old Crosman still has a place in my gun safe.

Comment

Benjamin Prowler 22cal with hammers 3-9x40
                          Subsonic which makes it extremely quiet. Break over nitro piston barrel is super easy. Groupings are tight. Squirrels are easy, i started using this to kill trapped racoons because it was so cheap and quiet. Kills em dead in one shot.

Comment

Coach a 4 h rifle team and best non co2/pcp gun I’ve seen is Daisy 853 deadly accurate and single pump, choice of wood or composite stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              RWS makes the best pellet gun out there in my opinion. But it all depends on how much you're lookin to spend too.
                              Yup, mine is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X