Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

$39 for 7/16 x 4 x 8 at HD. I remember in 2012, it was $5.25 a sheet. Heck, the price has doubled in theast 6 months. All this free money the government is sending to everyone is making stuff expensive.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I built a little 10x12 deck down on the river bank last week. I don’t even want to talk about what it cost in materials.. lumber is robbery right now. It would have been cheaper to build out of metal and then just deck with deck boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
      I built a little 10x12 deck down on the river bank last week. I don’t even want to talk about what it cost in materials.. lumber is robbery right now. It would have been cheaper to build out of metal and then just deck with deck boards.
      This is the exact reason I built a metal shop before metal went up. Would of cost only 3k less outta wood.

Comment

Free money from the government has nothing to do with the cost of lumber going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need a 10ft privacy fence, 500 feet , lol outrageous cost

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Free money from the government has nothing to do with the cost of lumber going up.

This

Comment

Wait until that whole operation starts running off of batteries!

Comment

Just finished building a fairly small deck. Was absolutely shocked how much it costed in lumber. Less than a year ago it’d have been a 1/3 of todays prices.

Comment

The huge increase in lumber has caused me to postpone building my retirement home. I will have to stay where I am for a while waiting to see if it comes down. I am not really hopeful the price will come down.

Comment

tell me why 7/16 OSB was $7 and 3/4 plywood was $32 a year and a half ago and now the OSB is $32 and the plywood is $36....makes no **** sense. All of the plywoods(inc OSB) are $32-36....how is that possible???

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Wait until that whole operation starts running off of batteries!
                      Ok, you got me

Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t imagine building a house or even starting a big project right now. I was gonna build a standing rifle rack out of premium cedar but that stuff is out of sight. A 1x12x8 was $85. Even high grade pine is stupid expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Ok, you got me

Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          New America...No more fossil fuels

Comment

I'm in the middle of a home build now. I just purchased 8 full sheets of 3/4" sanded maple plywood for a special part of the build. I paid $65 for EACH sheet! Wood prices have become almost comical. If you don't laugh, you will cry!! [emoji30]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Commodity inflation is a thing when you print “free” money. It’s not just lumber if you haven't noticed.

Comment

Working...
                              X