Youth Bow for my boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Bow for my boy

I'm trying to get my 11 yr old excited in being outdoors and am looking to get him his first bow.

I don't have a big budget at all, but I was wanting to get the green screen's opinion on brands.

He's been to the ranch a couple of times with me and his pawpaw and he loves going. I just want to get him out of the house and get him to shooting a bow.

Any suggestions on what would be a great starter bow for a reasonable price would be appreciated!

I bought the Bear Apprentice. You can adjust it as they grow.

Comment

Thanks. I've been looking at those.

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
      I bought the Bear Apprentice. You can adjust it as they grow.

Comment

Just bought my son a Diamond Edge 320. Great bow with plenty of room for growth

Comment

Diamond Edge SB-1

My daughter loves hers. I know some grown men that shoot one as well.

15"-30" DL
          7-70lbs DW

Comment

Looks like I need to save up. I hate spending this much because I'm not sure if he'll like shooting it.

Comment

I have, what I think is a Diamond Edge, that you can have if we can get an express set up from Jasper to Houston. My son bought it as a bow fishing rig but never used it and left it at my house when he moved out. It's a bare bow that will need the strings/cables replaced. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Ya my soon to be 11 son told me last night he wanted one for his bday Friday so I've been looking and I hate to spend that much if he is not going to like it

Comment

Originally posted by JRandolphTX View Post
                  Looks like I need to save up. I hate spending this much because I'm not sure if he'll like shooting it.
                  They hold their value pretty well. You don't need save up unless he does like it. That's when it starts getting expensive!

Comment

This would be awesome. Let me see if I can get an express. Thank you!!!

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                    I have, what I think is a Diamond Edge, that you can have if we can get an express set up from Jasper to Houston. My son bought it as a bow fishing rig but never used it and left it at my house when he moved out. It's a bare bow that will need the strings/cables replaced. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post

Sent you a message about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was a kid, my dad got me this red fiberglass recurve bow that was about 20 lbs. I'm pretty sure it was made by Bear. I absolutely loved that bow, but I can't seem to find one like it anywhere. Three Rivers Archery has some youth bows, but they don't have the same limb profile or handle style that I liked so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X