Coin Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coin Shortage

Can anyone explain why there is one? I’m 55 years old and never have heard of such a thing. Why now? What’s changed that’s created the shortage or is it hype?

The my sharonas virus... where you been???

Story is, all the federal mint folks drank the koolaid, and have been off work, not producing coins.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      The my sharonas virus... where you been???

Story is, all the federal mint folks drank the koolaid, and have been off work, not producing coins.
      Ok. Now that I have not heard. The part about the mint folks being off.

Comment

Can’t take cash because it’s dirty with the Rona. Must use card so they can track you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First step towards one world currency?

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
            First step towards one world currency?

Then you know what's after that, Jesus come's back. Yeaaaaaaaaa

Comment

The Fed was temporarily shut down on the minting side of money, and people are hoarding their pennies for a rainy day. My wife works for a bank here in Houston and they are limited on what is coming in from the Fed.

Comment

I'll sell a couple hundred in couns for $400 lol

Comment

This is my industry and was told the following... the corona virus has caused a disruption in normal coin circulation which has caused the “shortage”. It’s not so much of a shortage and the coin is just sitting still. Most aren’t going to restaurants and other high cash volume places which is what has caused the disruption. Those that are purchasing are using plastic.

Comment

Hard to order anything from Amazon with coins--and walking/driving our neighborhood on recycle day it is amazing the numbers of Prime boxes you see.

Comment

Just go to the store. People are lazy. Who wants to do business with a computer/robot?

Comment

What’s crazy is I was at sams a few weeks ago and the woman there said they have an influx in cash spenders vs card. Said nobody wanted to touch the card machine so idk???

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post
                          This is my industry and was told the following... the corona virus has caused a disruption in normal coin circulation which has caused the “shortage”. It’s not so much of a shortage and the coin is just sitting still. Most aren’t going to restaurants and other high cash volume places which is what has caused the disruption. Those that are purchasing are using plastic.
                          Makes sense...or cents.....I couldn't help myself

Comment

Doing my part this week. Found my bank will take unrolled coins!
                            Guy at the convenience store told me this week. Since I refuse to watch the news anymore, I wouldn’t have known.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              Doing my part this week. Found my bank will take unrolled coins!
                              Guy at the convenience store told me this week. Since I refuse to watch the news anymore, I wouldn’t have known.

BP
                              What bank i have a pile

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X