• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is incredible, well done sir!

Comment

Thats fantastic. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome hunt, can’t put a price on hunting with family. Memories you’ll look back on forever

Comment

Congratulations on a hard earned trophy! That’s an excellent bull and to do it with your dad is super cool!

Comment

So great! What a memory to share with your dad! Congratulations!

Comment

Wow. That’s awesome

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

The percentages of killing a bull on your first elk hunt on public land are almost zero. Congrats on paying the price and making it happen. You are in an elite club.

BTW. I would be careful about setting up camp in the middle of dead trees. AKA widowmakers.

Comment

Congratulations

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats awesome. How did the KUIU pack carry and what size is yours. Im been kicking around getting one but i also love my Hill people gear packs

Comment

Archery (particulary DIY) elk hunting is the real deal and not for someone not ready to tax their mind and body like never before.

Congratulations!!

Also - give me the details on your KUIU pack as well. Size and your experience using it to pack the elk out. I too in market to replace my western pack as looking for a new solution.
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

First Elk Hunt

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                              Thats awesome. How did the KUIU pack carry and what size is yours. Im been kicking around getting one but i also love my Hill people gear packs

I ran the pro 6000 and it was great! Carried the meat between frame and pack very well. Really easy to switch to load sling.

I’ve got the pro lt 4000 as well but wanted the extra capacity to carry tent and sleeping gear if I needed to be mobile from our original camping spot. I used the 4000 last year in a 3 day mule deer hunt and it worked great for that.

If your going to be carrying sleeping gear and food for 4-5 days, I would go with the 6000.
                              It also cinches down if you aren’t running much gear as you can see below.

I would say the most important gear used during my pack out was my trekking poles! I was on the fence purchasing them prior to my hunt but I can tell you they will always be in my pack if there’s any chance I’ll be carrying meat or a heavy load.

Last edited by Codypatt1; 10-17-2021, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stayfit View Post
                                The percentages of killing a bull on your first elk hunt on public land are almost zero. Congrats on paying the price and making it happen. You are in an elite club.

BTW. I would be careful about setting up camp in the middle of dead trees. AKA widowmakers.

I appreciate it! I was definitely prepared to eat tag soup as I knew the odds were under 8% success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X