No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t mind swapping a duck hunting trip on private ground for some guided crappie fishing if somebody is interested. Idk that I would have time to do it but we will be in Oklahoma some and planning on doing a kick and shoot pheasant hunt somewhere with little man but love duck hunting just not going to do the 2am public route. Those days are over!! Shoot me a PM and we can see if we can work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
      Curious what everyone is using for temp blinds? I’ve done the hog panel with fast grass, a frame porta blinds, and on the coast just natural brush. Never used anything like the momarsh yet except full layouts for geese. It got me thinking how others may do it?
      Portable a frames are hard to beat. I built my own out of lightweight 1” square tubing, welded wire fence and then wove bungee through the fence to hold on cover. Put a good base of Johnson grass or salt grass on it and then add a little natural cover where you use it.

Comment

Curious what everyone is using for temp blinds? I’ve done the hog panel with fast grass, a frame porta blinds, and on the coast just natural brush. Never used anything like the momarsh yet except full layouts for geese. It got me thinking how others may do it?
        Ive snagged a couple of the Tangle free panel blinds (when they go on sale) and have no complaints

Comment

The momarsh invisiman is awesome if your looking for a low profile blind. I also have the tangle free solo 360 that works great.

John Paul has a good idea for making your own. I bet you could easily use 3/4" pvc pipe to do something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            The momarsh invisiman is awesome if your looking for a low profile blind. I also have the tangle free solo 360 that works great.

John Paul has a good idea for making your own. I bet you could easily use 3/4" pvc pipe to do something similar.
            PVC won’t hold up. If you are going to build your own I would suggest conduit at minimum.

Comment

Anyone have any recommendations for a good guide for choke canyon?

Comment

Anyone have any recommendations for a good guide for choke canyon?

Hunter Barthels!

Shoot me a text, I’ll send you his number 210 724 1816

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of y'all looking for a buddy around waco shoot me a message. Looking like I'll be hunting the river and walking in mostly this year. Don't think I'm going to find an outboard.

Got a decent learning pup and all the other gear. Usually hunted solo with my old dog out of the boat.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had about an hour before dark this evening free so me and Pooh headed out! Birds about done it seems, had a double fly through and made it count!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting to hear some geese flying at night.

Comment

Heading to South Dakota Monday for a few days chasing pheasant. First time for me and really looking forward to it! It’ll keep the barrel hot between now and big duck.

Comment

Bill byers hunt club is loaded up with specks

Comment

I'll be rolling home from a deer gun draw hunt the same Saturday big duck start this year. This makes the 12th year I put in for that hunt. Sure gonna miss the duck opener though.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

This is the first duck opener that I will miss in a longtime. Going to be down on a Mexico beach, sipping on drinks so I may get over it.

Comment

Bill byers hunt club is loaded up with specks
                                Pretty sure every speck in Arkansas is on their place haha

Comment

Working...
                                X