Fighting a City of HOUSTON Parking Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I'll also add they don't issue warrants for parking tickets.

Just don't pay it and remember not to drive that truck to Houston anymore.

Or, get new plates at registration

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Bingo. $6.50 for a new set of plates and about 30 seconds at the courthouse window (once it was my turn) and problem solved. Thanks for the advice.

I would have gladly paid the ticket if it wasn't under such BS circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
      Bingo. $6.50 for a new set of plates and about 30 seconds at the courthouse window (once it was my turn) and problem solved. Thanks for the advice.

Congrats! Way to stick it to Houston!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post

Glad to be of service

Comment

Yep. Parking tickets are assigned to the vehicle, not a person. Just be careful in the future.

Comment

I love happy endings

Comment

I wish that the law would be as hard on people who have a handicapped hang tag, (and don’t need it) as they are on everybody else. There’s no excuse for an able bodied person to park in a handicapped space when nobody who is handicapped is in the vehicle. I see it all the time. Just because your Aunt Susie can’t walk well, you need to park somewhere else when she ain’t with you !

Comment

Now that the handicapped parking space issue is resolved, can we discuss the real crime of people parking in the “Professional’s” parking spots at Home Depot? Get your 96’ Honda Accord out of that spot, you are clearly not a professional construction worker.

Comment

What he said.^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
                      Now that the handicapped parking space issue is resolved, can we discuss the real crime of people parking in the “Professional’s” parking spots at Home Depot? Get your 96’ Honda Accord out of that spot, you are clearly not a professional construction worker.
                      Its not good to assume
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        Incorrect. Per ada a handicap spot must be marked on the pavement and have a sign. Signs are required because pavement markings can wear off easily at times.

OP is the pavement isn’t marked or there isn’t a sign, you may have a chance. Pictures will be your only from if proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        ADA marking regulations are building code not traffic law. They can write you a ticket for it no matter how much or little paint is on the ground.

OP, if you go before a judge with this, then they are going to tell you to get bent. Judges don't like civilians clogging up their very busy docket.

If you get an attorney to talk to a judge about it, then you have a chance. I know a good traffic attorney here in Houston, if you want her number shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          OP, if you go before a judge with this, then they are going to tell you to get bent. Judges don't like civilians clogging up their very busy docket.

If you get an attorney to talk to a judge about it, then you have a chance. I know a good traffic attorney here in Houston, if you want her number shoot me a pm.
                          Ummmm did ya read the complete thread?

Comment

ADA marking regulations are building code not traffic law. They can write you a ticket for it no matter how much or little paint is on the ground.

Sounds like what it is. A legalized mafia shakedown operation.

Comment

As opposed to clogging it with speeding and expired registration?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                All the bashers? What thread are you reading? This has been pretty civil. All I see is some additional questions and advice

Anticipation. You could know the bashers would come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X