Beautiful buck from TBH's New Sponsor Valiant Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful buck from TBH's New Sponsor Valiant Ranch

I had the great opportunity to hunt opening weekend with Mike Miller at his beautiful Valiant Ranch in Mountain Home, TX.

Some of you might have seen the specials he is running for TBH members.

Never one to miss a deal, I called him the night he posted the discounts and we set up a trip for a management hunt for opening weekend. I figured for that price it would give me a great opportunity to check out his place and then maybe book a trip in November for a Trophy.

He has a really cool lodge right off of the I-10 access road a few miles west of Kerrville. When I arrived I was greeted by Mike and his brother in law Randy (my guide for the weekend).

We unloaded my truck and then immediately jumped on the Polaris to tour the ranch. As his ad mentions, he has lots of different exotics, and lots of large Whitetails. He also has a lot of large whitetails right around the lodge that are pretty tame. That makes it even more fun for son or daughter that hasn't had the opportunity to see lots of deer, and big deer, up close. He even had some young warthogs up in a large pen by his house that we were able to feed carrots thru the fence.

Randy/Mike offered me some very nice management deer but before I decided on which one I wanted to shoot, a big beautiful buck caught my eye and I had to make a decision in a hurry! I confirmed with Mike the 20% off trophy deer offer he had made and asked him if the buck was old enough for me to shoot. He gave me the green light and by this time the deer was at the corn out in front of us.

I made the shot and the buck died within sight. We got back to the lodge and Randy and Mike quartered the deer and got it hung up in their walk-in cooler. After all that work, Mike cooked us an awesome wild game dinner on the grill.

His packages also come with a doe so on Sunday morning we were able to take a nice doe.

I know high fence hunting isn't for everyone and that is fine. I have done it both ways and for me this was a great weekend that ended with a great trophy.

If high fences aren't for you then reach out to Mike to see what opportunities he might have on some of his low fence ranches. From what I can tell, he can make a hunt as easy (for a youngster) or hard (for a seasoned bowhunter) as you like. Just tell him what you want.

What I wanted was a quick weekend getaway at a reasonable price. I ended up with some new friends, a great buck, and some fun memories.

I know one thing for sure, he likes for his hunters to leave happy.

Mike, thanks for the discounts and for being a TBH sponsor.

Can you guys guess the score from that angle?

Alan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HuntForHorns; 10-05-2021, 01:06 PM.

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Beautiful buck, congrats

Comment

What a great looking buck!

Comment

Congratulations on a nice deer!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow....That is a Big Management Buck, Congrats!!!

Comment

Wow! Nice buck! X marks the spot!

Comment

Beautiful frame! I can't see anything management about that sucker!

Helluva shot too! Congrats!

Comment

Nice Buck! Sounds like a great weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking buck, sounds like a great trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                      Wow....That is a Big Management Buck, Congrats!!!
                      Originally posted by Smart View Post

Read his post one more time, a little slower this time…

Comment

Heck of a management buck. I can see why he caught your attention. Congratulations

Comment

Fantastic buck! Congrats!

#highfencelowfencenofencehisfencemyfencetheirfence
                          @whocareswearehunting

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Read his post one more time, a little slower this time…
                            Glad I went back and read it a 2nd time! I was thinking there is no way that is a management buck. Sure enough, it isn’t!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

I think he might have upgraded to a trophy. I see where he mentioned asking Mike if the 20% Trophy discount for TBH'ers was still good.

Great buck and great shot. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X