Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
    There’s a map at most check in sites that had a bunch of the landmarks. Box 5 is missing it’s map, but box 5 is the NW side of the Yegua part. Box 3 is the NE side of Yegua. Idk about the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I just found it. Funny thing is I’ve been hunting there for years and never knew what everybody was talking about with the boxes. Lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! You know all the giant bucks are in that green area on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
        Yep I just found it. Funny thing is I’ve been hunting there for years and never knew what everybody was talking about with the boxes. Lol!!

I always forget the name of where I hunt lol, I just call it dime box bc that’s the closest town.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
          I always forget the name of where I hunt lol, I just call it dime box bc that’s the closest town.

I drove by that are one time a long time ago but have never hunted that far north in the Yegua part.

Comment

Did any of you guys go out this afternoon/evening saddle hunting? Got a pic of a guy walking right up to my camera this afternoon after seeing absolutely nobody out there all pre season.

Comment

Wasn't me. Im home cutting wood.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Rem788, was that you and your friend that drug that doe out around 11 today?

Comment

Somerville 21-22

Originally posted by CBWThumper View Post
                  Hey Rem788, was that you and your friend that drug that doe out around 11 today?

Yes sir! Nice to meet you today. Did you have any luck?

Comment

Anybody go out and/or have any luck today?

Seems somebody helped themselves to my SD card.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                      We hunt off Box3. Walked out around 11:30. No GW in sight. I was surprised

That is usually the area I hunt out of as well. I am sure you have me on game camera out there last year and this summer

Comment

I am headed out there tomorrow morning for a quick morning/midday hunt on my one day off.

Comment

I wonder who drives the green Toyota and silver Z71. I had a buddy call me about them yesterday and said he found bait piles spots and a mineral rock right in front of a stand 6 foot off the ground. He called the GW yesterday about it. He doesn’t have a TBH account but he just wanted me to ask around to see if I could find out who it is.
                          Good luck to everyone this year!!

Comment

Floors me how many people don't read the regs.
                            4 wheelers, bait, no orange, parking in front of gates

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Floors me how many people don't read the regs.
                              4 wheelers, bait, no orange, parking in front of gates
                              Don't forget leaving stands longer than 72 hours

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was gona hunt

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                                Don't forget leaving stands longer than 72 hours

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                                I planned on coming to hunt this year on #711 but after reading all these post I decided not to.... seems like a lot of people get but hurt about someone ruining or walking up on their hunt, but you have to understand that’s public hunting. Nobody knows where hunters are located or at. I’m possibly going to come next weekend, I’m working on developing an app that you can sign in with a cell number and the app will allow other public hunters to locate where they are at to avoid disruption and Confrontation of someone’s hunt. Been bow hunting drawn hunts and my ranch in Falfurrias for 20 years, new to public hunting just curious on how the property is and how many people actually hunt unit #711. I would I like come hunt but I don’t want to walk up or ruin anyone’s morning hunt by accident due to non scouting.
                                Last edited by PSEbows90; 10-04-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X