No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the rice idea, maximize the different types of experiences on the property

I might try something similar at my test spot in the future

Comment

Thanks guys.

For the rice I disked, fertilized with heavy N, spread rice seed, then packed it.

I'm surprised at how well it seems to be doing. This is a new pond so it remains to be seen how well it will attract them.

I think it's in a good location with larger lakes all around this area. I just want some puddle ducks instead of just ringnecks and bluebills....ha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
        Thanks guys.

For the rice I disked, fertilized with heavy N, spread rice seed, then packed it.

I'm surprised at how well it seems to be doing. This is a new pond so it remains to be seen how well it will attract them.

I think it's in a good location with larger lakes all around this area. I just want some puddle ducks instead of just ringnecks and bluebills....ha.

You seen any teal on it?

My experience in that area is that it will fill up with puddle ducks around Christmas or later if it gets cold up north and will be hit and miss before that.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          You seen any teal on it?

My experience in that area is that it will fill up with puddle ducks around Christmas or later if it gets cold up north and will be hit and miss before that.
          Its been dry until now so no teal. Seen a few flocks flying but nothing into my lake.

Comment

When did you plant the rice?

Comment

Originally posted by Boondock Ridge View Post
              When did you plant the rice?
              Aug 13.....This variety of rice is a 75 day maturity.

Comment

Ahh thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                  Thanks guys.

I believe you will be very surprised at the quality of ducks that will use your set up once established. Especially when the surrounding lakes and river flats get the over whelming pressure that they tend to get.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    I believe you will be very surprised at the quality of ducks that will use your set up once established. Especially when the surrounding lakes and river flats get the over whelming pressure that they tend to get.

Rwc
                    I hope you're right...would love to get some good ducks in here. I have had wood ducks boxes out for 2 spring/summers now with no activity on them. My neighbors slough has some but for some reason they don't like our lake.
                    Last edited by unclefish; 09-19-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Rice update...should start getting heads in the next 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Dang ,you gonna give the rice farmers a run for their money now!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Dang ,you gonna give the rice farmers a run for their money now!
                          Ha!

Not quite. But it's fun learning how to do new things. We shall see how it looks once the seed heads bust out. I think rice might be idiot proof so someone like me can grow it.

Comment

awesome

Comment

So awesome. Enjoying following this place as much as the old place. Any deer targets at all this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                                So awesome. Enjoying following this place as much as the old place. Any deer targets at all this year?
                                I am just now getting cell trail cameras set up so I will know soon. I do know the deer have been tearing my corn field up just don't know what kind of bucks are using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X