No announcement yet.

My boys drew Powderhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, I’m hoping my son gets drawn in the next couple of years, we have a bay house just across Powderhorn lake from the ranch, get to see all kinds of animals in the evening off our porch.

Comment

We get to see a lot of axis on the shoreline across the lake.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post

Good luck.

That’s not a bad view right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post

Good luck.

thats awesome

the shine still hasnt worn off, the boys were stoked when they found out.

Comment

That will be a fun trip!

Comment

Kids are 4 and twins are 0.5 and I can’t wait to get them into hunts like this one. Such cool opportunities for kids. Best of luck. Take lots of pics and share.

Comment

That’s awesome. Best of luck to y’all.

Comment

Congratulations on the draw and good luck

Comment

Thanks fellas, wanted to say thanks to Austin, just had a good conversation with him about the hunt....can't wait.

Comment

That’s so cool.

Comment

i just noticed that it says "assigned blind" on the hunt description...anyone that has done the youth hunt, does this mean we cant spot and stalk or get out and walk around? how strict are they with this?

Comment

My boys drew Powderhorn

When we were there last year with my daughter they assigned us compartments with a blind. Most sat in the blind but you had the option to hunt your compartment as well. Some compartments were setup better to hunt spot and stalk and others were better suited for a blind sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by bigharge; 09-27-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            i just noticed that it says "assigned blind" on the hunt description...anyone that has done the youth hunt, does this mean we cant spot and stalk or get out and walk around? how strict are they with this?
                            My Kids were drawn for this year also (January 22 and 23) and I spoke with my brother who did this hunt with his daughter and was told that youth hunts they assign blinds and adult hunts they assign compartments. I'm not sure how strict they are on this.
                            Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                              My Kids were drawn for this year also (January 22 and 23) and I spoke with my brother who did this hunt with his daughter and was told that youth hunts they assign blinds and adult hunts they assign compartments. I'm not sure how strict they are on this.
                              Hope this helps.
                              yeah, from what i have read on here from people that have hunted there, sitting in the blind doesnt sound like the best strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                yeah, from what i have read on here from people that have hunted there, sitting in the blind doesnt sound like the best strategy.
                                I agree, hopefully they arent too strict about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X