No announcement yet.

Long Distance Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 different black gold sights. Currently shooting a 4 pin slider. Their tapes are good to about 80 yards if you want to shoot further I'd make a custom tape. I have a 3 pin spot hog on order with the vertical pins.. but it doesn't look like it will be here before September..

Comment

Good info

Comment

Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL, super durable and fast dual pin ranging.

Comment

I drank the Black Gold koolaid a few years ago. Best sight you can buy I think. It's light and super bright. I have a couple of the 3 pin hybrids. They pick up light like crazy. Getting out to 80 plus with a sight has a lot to do with your setup. I'm shooting 70lbs with a 550 grain arrow and the lowest I can get my sight to go slide down gets me to 70 yards on my tape or my arrow fletching can contract the bottom of the sight. I've shot a lighter arrow in the past and been able to use the whole tape.

Comment

Black Gold will build you the sight you want.

Comment

I have the Spot Hogg Father and really like it. Ford vs Chevy. Pick one and give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                Black Gold and spot hogg are probably the best for long range shooting IMO. As far as magnifier, like Trumpkin said, I doubt it’s legal you should check the regs in the states you plan to hunt. I have a custom black gold that I love that I’ll probably shoot for the next 10-15 years I’m sure. I run a 5 pin slider myself as that’s just my personal preference because inside 60 yards I don’t want to be wasting time trying to slide my sight to the correct yardage. As far as distance goes the biggest thing is making sure your pins are as small as possible so it’s not covering up your target. With .010 pins I was able to 10 ring a caribou at 106yds and 8 ring an elk at 112yds at TAC this year with no issues of pins covering up my target too much or not having a clear sight picture.
                Regarding the step down to .10 versus .19... How old are you (your eyes is my real question) and have you found any negatives at low light conditions with that set up?
                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

You should also check out Option Archery. I have been using Dan's sight for 5 years and it is one of the best sights I have ever used. You get the best of both worlds a fixed pin and multi pins.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Black Gold will build you the sight you want.
                    Really?

In the past I used BG and liked them, but the screw kept stripping out the aluminum body, so moved on to another sight.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      I have a cbe 3 pin hybrid. Any 3-5 pin slider will work
                      I have 2 of those CBE 3 pin hybrids. Both of my bows, They can get you to 100 yards if you care to shoot that far.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                        Regarding the step down to .10 versus .19... How old are you (your eyes is my real question) and have you found any negatives at low light conditions with that set up?

I’m younger and last time they were checked I had 15/20 vision in both eyes. The only negative I have found is I wish I would have gotten .10 size pins for all five instead of just the bottom three. The top two at times are a bit too bright for me in full sun but shooting from shade or inside a blind they’re just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been a giant fan of one pin sights. Trophy Ridges are good

Comment

I just bought a 3 pin CBE hybrid and as far as I can tell there is no 3rd axis adjustment. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA BOW HUNTER View Post
                              I have been a giant fan of one pin sights. Trophy Ridges are good
                              I never shot better than when I used my TR one pin site. I swapped it out for a 5-pin sight when I forgot to dial it in.

Comment

Wow, resurrected from the spring! I just picked up an HHA Tetra 4 pin. Haven't been able to get out to 60 yet to get a good site tape set up. So far I love the .010 pin. Love the sight too, only downfall is apparently they decided to make every allen screw a different size. For set up, it's kind of a pain. Apart from that, very sooth and well built.

I am biased though, HHA is just a short drive from my hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                X