Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shoot David! Keep at em buddy!

Comment

I have a good friend in Saskatchewan that said there are a ton of teal up there still. More than usual and like they have not left for the flight South. Maybe this week with the front.

Comment

Day 11 Coast
        Another HOT HUMID morning. After getting set up my clothes were like I swam in them. Glad to see this front coming. Had another great shoot. Not a lot of birds ,but enough for action. Birds are definitely shy with clear calm weather. Had to turn mojo's off to get them to even do flybys in range.

Comment

Sweet! Nice David.

Comment

Nice haul so far David!

Comment

Hopin y’all some them this morning, cool weather sure feels good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't posted in the thread yet but have enjoyed following along. Been a great run so far DUKFVR. Hoping it continues for you with this nice little front.

Comment

How was it this morning, did the front bring the birds in?

Comment

Day 12 Brookshire Tx
                    What a recharge morning with the cool front!! Got an invite to hunt a buddy's place. One of my better hunts in awhile. Great people , good dog work & great weather! Doesn't get much better. My buddy said he is sure they got some new birds with the bigger flocks we saw. They have been pretty much 100% at this place all teal season.

Comment

Great to see ya get-n some Dave!

Comment

Awesome hunt David, glad y’all got them

Comment

Day 13 Coast Hunt
                          Had a good hunt ,but took till 9:40 till get the last bird. Let some flybys go early thinking I would get some better working birds later. They shut down early today & no late bunches. The front definitely brought some big ducks in. I would think teal too, but if it did they stayed somewhere else. I had pintails & spoonies work the spread & 2 wigeons land in it. Was a nice morning to see the world wake up.

Comment

Day 14 Coast Hunt
                            What a difference a day made in bird numbers. I wasn't covered by any means ,but I could scratch 6 pretty easy. This morning ,there were hardly any teal to be seen. I had more spoonies than teal around. I got 4 & only had 1 more chance & I was moving my shooting box & looked up & he was there and gone. Might be a real grinder the last 2 days. Already feeling depressed with it getting close to ending.
                            Sorry for the terrible pic. Phone died & I had to take a pic later.
                            Good luck to all that are hunting this weekend!

Comment

Slow hunting is better than no hunting!! Congrats and keep banging them. I have yet to make a hunt. This will be the first year in a long time I haven't made a teal hunt.

Comment

Congrats on scratching out another limit! We got another band today. This bird was hatched this year and banded 5-Sept in South Dakota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X