Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur with Big Sky Bill

Comment

Ss I was leaving to hunt pronghorns several miles from home, the drizzle stopped and I took some pictures from the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Good luck Bill!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding

Comment

In the middle of elk season- Im spending Sunday afternoon organizing my workshop. Go figure!

Seeing elk, no shooting opportunities yet. No hurry- they’re within 5 miles of our house- my neighbor had a moose sunning itself on their side yard. I’m enjoying the chase.

There’s snow in mountains above us, and everybody says the rut starts this week. I’ll be on private land Tues, Wed and Thurs that is not hunted.

Psyched?

Had a griz come 60 yards upwind from me last weekend. About 2 years old- no big hump yet. Talk about getting straight with Jesus really fast!

Comment

Great thread Bill. I along with other members sure appreciate you taking the time to keep this updated AND share all the beautiful pics!
                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                  Great thread Bill. I along with other members sure appreciate you taking the time to keep this updated AND share all the beautiful pics!

Agree 100%. Love coming to this thread.

Comment

Good luck Bill, can’t wait to see one on the ground!!

Comment

Sunset tonight looking south at the Greenhorns and the Snowcrest Range in the distance.

Comment

Livin’ in the lap of luxury. I just finished installing solar powered gate openers. I hand trenched between the posts 6” deep, put the supplied direct burial 12VDC wire in plastic electrical conduit, and then 300 pounds of quick set concrete on top. I don’t want to damage driving over and repairing the wire.

Comment

The Montana wind twisted the cattle gate pretty badly. They act like giant sails.

A stick of auto muffler, a metal cutting blade and a few hours later- let’s see how they stand up to 40 mph wind gusts. Primed indoors but too cold to paint outdoors.

Comment

That sucks Bill. That Ghost Controls system will take some abuse but not that much brother. I'm like my system so far. It's worked well opening and closing my 250#+ gate so far for the last year and a half.

Comment

Looks good Bill, how’s it working?

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

The Ghost Controls works just fine. It’s just the motorized arms held the gate so well the force if the wind caused the gate’s tubing to pinch.

The 1 3/4” ID exhaust pipe fit the 1 3/4” OD gate tube. Since I had 7 1/2 feet ($28.00) of pipe, I cut 2, 30” pieces, then 2, 8” center reinforcing piece I pressed on (actually hit it with a hammer) and then drilled the holes for bolts.

The Ghost Control keeps honest people honest. Pull the 2 pins on the arms and swing the gates open.

Comment

Working...
                                X