No announcement yet.

Parisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** right I did. I’ll give you that it’s probably fantastic on some crackers after about 4-6 beers though!

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
      **** right I did. I’ll give you that it’s probably fantastic on some crackers after about 4-6 beers though!
      I always buy 2lbs from Alamo to take to the lease. Whatever is left over Sunday morning gets cooked with the eggs. Dang good eats!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        I’ve got some backstrap that needs to be eaten and this sounds like a new way to eat it.
        For those of you starting with a whole piece of meat, I highly recommend taking the time to chop the meat (finely) by hand. Putting the meat through the grinder alters not only the texture but the flavor as well.

Chop your meat finely, season it with whatever you want to, form it into a puck-like shape, make a divot in the center of the puck with your thumb, and, to finish, place the raw yolk of one egg in the center.

There’s no finer dining than that!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          For those of you starting with a whole piece of meat, I highly recommend taking the time to chop the meat (finely) by hand. Putting the meat through the grinder alters not only the texture but the flavor as well.

Chop your meat finely, season it with whatever you want to, form it into a puck-like shape, make a divot in the center of the puck with your thumb, and, to finish, place the raw yolk of one egg in the center.

There’s no finer dining than that!
          I’ll do that, thanks.

When I went to the hockey games in Germany, there were vendors that sold steak tare tartare like that and put in a hollowed out Kaiser roll. None of my buddies would eat it but I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
            Alamo meat market in Comfort has it but that’s no closer. Believe the folks around Needville make it at some meat market down there. They call it Dutch lunch I think?

Name of place in needville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              I’ll do that, thanks.

When I went to the hockey games in Germany, there were vendors that sold steak tare tartare like that and put in a hollowed out Kaiser roll. None of my buddies would eat it but I loved it.

My dad used to make this for us when I was a kid (but only when my mom was away!). He’d mix ground hamburger meat with salt and pepper, spread it on a cracker, then eat it.

Imagine my surprise to find out that this really a thing…that it has a name! Can’t wait to tell him.

Comment

I use a container of H-E-B jalapeño pimento cheese, a pound of backstrap (cubed up into small pieces half a pea or smaller), a small can of the pickled jalapeños with carrots (all cut up in similar size to the backstrap), one juiced lime (just for flavor) it won’t cook the meat like civiche does, you’re eating raw meat. Add salt/pepper to taste. Mix it up and Put that on a cracker dude! Or tortilla chip and serve with cold beer!

Jason Slocum
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                  DZUIKS in Castroville & PRIMOS' in Hondo....only two places I know of I get a couple pounds every trip to the ranch.... & then a couple pounds on the way home.

Anyone ever tried making it with WT or Axis backstrap ???

I’ve never had it from Primos’ but get it from Dzuiks every time I go thru Castroville. We love it!

Ricky T, I’ll let you know next time we go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                    I use a container of H-E-B jalapeño pimento cheese, a pound of backstrap (cubed up into small pieces half a pea or smaller), a small can of the pickled jalapeños with carrots (all cut up in similar size to the backstrap), one juiced lime (just for flavor) it won’t cook the meat like civiche does, you’re eating raw meat. Add salt/pepper to taste. Mix it up and Put that on a cracker dude! Or tortilla chip and serve with cold beer!

Jason Slocum
                    Looks like a winner

Comment

Comment

Mind blown. Ceviche on the hoof…says it all.

Im game. I reckon the lime juice kills most of the potentially harmful microbes and chemically breaks down the meat. Whereas properly handled and chilled meat shouldnt have a deadly microbe population to start with.

Thanks for bringing this up MrT!

Comment

No help on outside of San Antonio, but for folks around or passing through San Antonio need to try Tri County Meat Market's parisa in Boerne (now a location in SA as well) too. Fantastic parisa.

Comment

Make venison parisa a couple times every year, but only out of deer that I have butchered and kept clean and cold myself. I’ve gone through pounds of it in a day! Venison is preferable to beef because it’s so lean; raw, cold, chewy beef fat is no bueno in parisa.

Comment

The next time I head to Houston I can bring a big load of a few of y’all want to get together on it. Message me if you are interested!

Comment

I often make it when I go on public hunts. I cut a piece of venison off when I skin the deer and chop with knife. Just make sure it’s a clean muscle cut. No fat or membrane. This is the basic recipe to start with. Add and adjust as you see fit but this basic recipe tastes pretty amazing all on its own. It lets the meat shine and not cover it up with spices. Keep everything ice cold. I prefer it much more with venison over beef.

1 pound very lean ground beef
                                8 ounces grated American cheese
                                8 ounces very finely chopped onion
                                3 finely chopped serrano peppers
                                salt and pepper to taste
                                juice of one lime

Comment

Working...
                                X