Home Yard Mowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Yard Mowing

How many of y’all have someone else mow your yards.?

I have a pretty good size yard, probably 2 of my 5 acres are yard or landscaped area. It takes me 5 plus hours to pushmow zero turn mow, weedeat, edge, blow and put everything back in the SheShed. Ever since the heat stroke it’s just not fun any more. In the 9 years since I built the house, I’ve paid to have it mowed 3x (due to hip and shoulder surgeries). I believe it was $100-$125 (when it got high one time). I’m just debating hiring one of my buddies to do it every 10 days or so. He’d do a good job.

Here’s a crazy kicker though, I have between 3 and 8 investment properties at any given time I’m working on at different stages (before I sell/finance or rent them out). I think nothing of loading up the Dixie Chopper and the rest of stuff and going and taking care of them. And I could 100% pay (expense) the mowing of those through the LLC if I wasn’t so tight. Honestly I just think those properties don’t have to be at the same level I want my personal home at.

Would I be financially foolish to start hiring out my personal yard while still taking care of the investment properties? Yes I can probably expense out my house yard if I wanted to…

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      How many of y’all have someone else mow your yards.?

Would I be financially foolish to start hiring out my personal yard while still taking care of the investment properties? Yes I can probably expense out my house yard if I wanted to…
      It takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to do all that needs to be done at my house, which is roughly 2,500 sq ft. Occassional when it needs it and I don't have the time, I will pay the guy who does the neighbor's house $40 to have it done. There's just times when it makes sense to pay the money. If I were in your shoes I would probably let it get pretty tall before I spent 4 to 5 hours working on it.

Comment

I mow my 2.5 acres and my MIL's 2.5 acres next door. Takes me at least 5 hours on a zero turn. This doesn't include any weed eating.
        I enjoy mowing most of the time, but mowing for my MIL is like mowing a mine field. No telling what treasures I find with the blades that she has thrown in the grass in between mowing. And numerous times she leaves her water on and floods part of her yard.
        That being said, I'm too cheap to pay someone to mow, but I have paid to have someone weed eat for me.

Comment

Best money I spend every week is to have my yard mowed, edged, and driveways blown off. That’s an hour I can spend doing something else

Comment

I have mowed my 2.5 acre yard forever. It takes 1:45 to mow and another 45 to weed eat. I used to really enjoy it. Each of the last three years I am enjoying it less and less as I get older and older. I am seriously thinking about selling my mower and hiring it out next year. I have a guy with a helper who does it all when I get behind. He charges me $100 to do it. But he lives right down the street so he does it on the way home.
            My cheap side hasn't let me turn loose of it yet.

Comment

I mow mine.. it takes about 2 hrs to weedeat (lots of trees) and about 2hrs on the ZTR. So 4 hrs total and I've always hated yardwork. I'm just too cheap to pay someone.
              Why not mow your own and pay to have the others done since you care more about yours being done right?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                I mow mine.. it takes about 2 hrs to weedeat (lots of trees) and about 2hrs on the ZTR. So 4 hrs total and I've always hated yardwork. I'm just too cheap to pay someone.
                Why not mow your own and pay to have the others done since you care more about yours being done right?

I think you’ve hit my issue. I don’t like the push mowing / bagging and weedeating anymore. If I could just zero turn and blow it off I’d be happy with that. I think the guy I’ve used would do as good a job as me. At least as good as me now, not me five years ago.

Comment

I say if you sit down and really find out what your time is worth you will see a great advantage of you having your yard mowed. Your 5 hours is worth way more than what it will cost you. Keep mowing the other properties since it falls inline with your on onsite work.

My life became alot easier when my son started mowing and i edge and blow. We can knock it out in about 45 minutes. But, there is nothing better than coming home on Friday to freshly cut yard done by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                    But, there is nothing better than coming home on Friday to freshly cut yard done by someone else.
                    Every week that goes by, I start to like the sound if this more and more.

Comment

Yard workers

One of the very few bad things about my kids all being out of the house is that I am back to mowing my grass and filling my own feeders

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                        One of the very few bad things about my kids all being out of the house is that I am back to mowing my grass and filling my own feeders
                        Don’t get me wrong I have good grown adult kids and love them very much but, We really enjoy being empty nesters.

I mow my own yard.
                        Last edited by tps7742; 09-05-2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I cut about 1 1/2 acres. Takes me just about 90 minutes to Z-turn, weed eat, and blow it off.

I'm blessed financially and could easily afford to pay others. But, I'm not paying anybody to do my work if I'm able. Not judging anyone, that's just me.

At 62-years old, I'm also beginning to see a need to stay active, and this is one I choose to do. Sit in the chair and die, or keep moving and grooving. I need a new roof, but I'm past the age of shingling a roof!!

Comment

Are there any spot you can spray and kill and save your self edging / weed eating?

Sounds like you can pay someone if it gives you that much hell

Comment

Why not just pay someone to mow the investment properties & write that off under your LLC and focus on your own house yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X