Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price of corn jumped $3 a bag.... yea!

So I need to hoard corn now? Good thing rice brand is still $7 a 40# bag

Dang it. Where are you getting rice bran? Can you run it in a corn feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where have you been all spring and summer?

I look at it this way....$3/ bag is chicken scratch compared to what else I spend to go hunting all through the season. With something as important as corn in the grand scheme of things, I'm gonna pay it.

Comment

Why is it going up when corn futures are going down?

Comment

Smart - it does make a big difference. Ive stepped away from Tx hunting for a few years. But when I was I was buy about 20k pounds of corn a year. Thats roughly about a $1200 increase in a corn bill. I know that is chump change to you and some but that hurts alot of us

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Smart - it does make a big difference. Ive stepped away from Tx hunting for a few years. But when I was I was buy about 20k pounds of corn a year. Thats roughly about a $1200 increase in a corn bill. I know that is chump change to you and some but that hurts alot of us

I specifically just stated said how I viewed it on purpose. It's all about perspective for me. When you figure in lease fees, equipment, fuel, food, time, practice, entertainment etc, I'm not going to cheese on a corn bill and **** the rest of the season away. I don't have a 20Klb corn bill either so my numbers aren't near that large.
            Last edited by Smart; 08-24-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I specifically said how I viewed it. Its all about perspective.
              Yep. This is TEXAS bowhunter

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                Dang it. Where are you getting rice bran? Can you run it in a corn feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I live in Bulverde and you can get rice brand in walmart for $7 a bag. you can't run it in a feeder but you can throw a cup full on top of the corn in the feeder to kind if scent it. It brings the deer in quick when you add it.

Prices didn't just here until recently. We run a 5 gallon feeder at the house year around so we are always buying a bag of corn here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                  So I need to hoard corn now? Good thing rice brand is still $7 a 40# bag

Hook a brother up with $7 rice bran

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Hook a brother up with $7 rice bran
                    I lied $7.88

Comment

I'm not seeing where its going up $3 a bag when they're harvesting it like crazy where I live? If it does, we'll just go talk to the farmer for a truck load.
                      Last edited by tdwinklr; 08-24-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Weird it dropped this past week for me

Comment

I bought 12 bags Saturday from Lyssy and Eckel in Llano for +/-$9/bag. If I only buy enough to top off feeders, I don't notice the price. If I let them run empty and have to buy 36 bags, I feel that. But like Smart, considering what I spend on other things, it's not too bad and deer/hog hinting is my only expensive vices.

Comment

Where did you buy the corn that jumped $3 a bag and what did you pay for it?? Just curious.

I bought 50 lb. bags of deer corn at Bucees in Bastrop this past Saturday (August 21). Their corn was $7.75 a bag which is the cheapest corn I have bought in some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post
                              Where did you buy the corn that jumped $3 a bag and what did you pay for it?? Just curious.

I bought 50 lb. bags of deer corn at Bucees in Bastrop this past Saturday (August 21). Their corn was $7.75 a bag which is the cheapest corn I have bought in some time now.
                              Maybe he hasn't been throwing corn all year and went to get his set up going and got sticker shock

Comment

Working...
                              X