Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, dogs wiped out a bunch of this mans deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live about 1 mile outside the city limits. Several years ago a farm across the road sold and several 1-3 acre tracts were sold to "home owners". Some people think that if they move to the "country" they can just let their dogs (and cats) run wild. I have a few goats and chickens, not many as I have a parcel about as big as the ones across the road. Started having trouble with stray dogs chasing/killing my animals. Called BCSO animal control. Finally got a visit from one that said the best way was to shoot on sight. So that's what's been happening for the past 10 yrs. Have had one complaint but I always call animal control when I protect my animals. Never had a problem with LEO.
    PS: domesticated dogs rarely kill due to hunger. They are just exercising their natural instincts. And they can do a lot of damage to a small, penned herd of anything.
    Last edited by locolobo; 08-21-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Loose lips sink ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
        As much as I disagree with what you said!!

Grand jury kicked it out 4 months later..

I was told that I should of let the SO Handel it.
        If you remember that SO/PD responds to take an after-action report your actions shouldn't bother you at all. It's too bad the SO took the position he did. Makes people more inclined to just SSS

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I wonder if he’ll get charged with animal cruelty. The dogs weren’t attacking his livestock. Since deer are not considered livestock. He had no legal right to shoot the dogs.
          are you really that stupid???

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
            yes, some people really are that stupid.
            geez, I'm ready for hunting season.

Comment

Why isn't there 7 dead dog at the end of that story.

Comment

When I lived at another location, I had a neighbor that had some sheep and goats. They were more like pets than anything else. He kept them in about a 2 acre pen and of course fed them every day. One morning as he was leaving for work he discovered two big dogs in his pen. They had already killed some sheep and were working on the rest. He grabbed his trusty 30-30 and laid one of them down but the other one got in the woods and escaped. Harold jumped in his truck, drove out on the county road and found the dog in somebody’s yard where he proceeded to deliver a 150 grain pill to the perp. I asked him how the folks reacted to the dog getting in the yard and he said he saw the window shade pulled aside a little but that was all. Now Harold is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet, but it don’t pay to jack with his sheep !

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                  That story in the op is why I don’t tolerate strays on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I’m right there with you. I’ve shot at a couple of dogs on my place and one had kevlar on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                    As much as I disagree with what you said!!

You are right!!

A few years ago I killed a pit bull that had broken off his chain!!

I stepped out my back door he charged me..( I had three grand children in house asleep)

I stepped back into my home and said to my self “ self we don’t need to be afraid to walk in our own yard”

I loaded my 22-250 walked out back door and here he came again.

At 10 feet I put one in his throat.. worst mistake I made the SO confiscated my gun and filed charges against me. Assault against a non live stock animal.

Grand jury kicked it out 4 months later..

I was told that I should of let the SO Handel it.
                    Why in the world was the SO involved at all? Was there another witness?

Maybe I have watched too much Yellowstone to think how yall handle in Montana. No way SO would be on my property unless he had a warrant.

Comment

We raise whitetail and several years ago we had a pack of dogs get in our pen... they killed 5 by running them into the fence causing them to break their necks. It was 2 mutts and a terrier looking dog. They had no interest in attacking the deer just running them wild.

The biggest deer I've ever shot was one that broke its neck and didn't die so I had to shoot it... when 196 b&c.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaunch View Post
                        I swear. That’s crazy man.

No kidding. Since then,when someone talks about wolves, and lectures me that they don’t kill unless they eat it, I remember that. These were “registered” hybrids 15/16 wolves. One weighed 95 lbs. the other about 80. The owner had no idea “Natasha” and “Shasta” would ever have done such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          I wonder if he’ll get charged with animal cruelty. The dogs weren’t attacking his livestock. Since deer are not considered livestock. He had no legal right to shoot the dogs.

In Louisiana, If you are raising deer legally and have the proper fences and paperwork, they are considered your property, no different than horses or cattle. I have no doubt Texas has similar laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                            We raise whitetail and several years ago we had a pack of dogs get in our pen... they killed 5 by running them into the fence causing them to break their necks. It was 2 mutts and a terrier looking dog. They had no interest in attacking the deer just running them wild.

The biggest deer I've ever shot was one that broke its neck and didn't die so I had to shoot it... when 196 b&c.
                            You should have used you bow so you could have entered it into P&Y.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                              lol. m16 has a backhoe for better lifers. He ain't posting on the WWW about strays that get handled.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                                I would be mad beyond reason.

How did that end up?

BP..
                                Paid for 2 cows, never ate a single steak, and killed 4 dogs.
                                What's a man to do

Comment

Working...
                                X