Portable shower idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable shower idea

My new lease does not have running water or electricity so last season I made a portable camping shower using a 12v pump and a 20 gallon drum mounted on my trailer. This season I'll be using that system at the campsite cleaning station. I wanted something this season to throw in the back of my truck or onto my atv. This took me under an hour to make. I took a 2 gallon pump sprayer and trashed the factory hoses. I cut the threaded nipple for the hose off flush and drilled out the hole to 3/4" and smoothed it out with a file. I then took a pex 1/2"x1/2" male adapter and used some long needle nose pliers and inserted it into the hole from the inside out. I connected 3/8" hose to the male barb to go to the bottom of the tank. I used Teflon tape and an O-ring on the threads to ensure it sealed off. From the outside I added another O-ring to the male and connected the 1/2"x1/2" female adapter and snugged tight. I connected a 4' section of 3/8" hose to the outside barb with a garden hose sprayer. Works like a charm for a quick shower! Total cost was right around $30.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Duckhead78; 08-08-2021, 08:05 AM.

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great idea!

I showered under one of those "sun shower" bag things once and the dang water was so hot I thought my skin was coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        Great idea!

I showered under one of those "sun shower" bag things once and the dang water was so hot I thought my skin was coming off.
        I've never used one of those but I can see how that could happen.

Comment

I use a heavier duty sprayer with a kitchen sprayer. They work !

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            That will work
            I have this one.
            I heat up water and put in a 5 gal bucket. This thing work remarkably well

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Rech...47359488&psc=1
            I almost purchased one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              That will work
              I have this one.
              I heat up water and put in a 5 gal bucket. This thing work remarkably well

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Rech...47359488&psc=1
              This is what we use, its the cats meow

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

I did similar as Johnny

Here is a quick and relatively cheap way to get some running water in the field.

I bought this 3 gallon sprayer from Amazon.

Then I bought this kitchen sprayer as well from Amazon.

The kitchen sprayer comes with attachments and a hose clamp, cut the hose on the sprayer at the wond and use the correct attachment to attach the two hoses. You will have 7ft of hose.

It has decent pressure and 3 gallons last longer than you'd think.

All in all about $70 and 5 minutes to put it together.

Comment

I bought a 26 gal tank from Nothern tool, the tank for a sprayer system used on an atv or tractor. I put fittings on the tank lid for an air quick connect and on the outlet I put a 10' pvc with a 90 at the top and a shower head on the end of that. Attached the PVC to the gate on my trailer. I use a small pancake compressor set at 5 psi out and you can shower for an entire week twice a day with no issues. I also put a ball valve on the PVC upright so water can be shut off when not needed to conserve. I place the tank in the sun and the water is usually fairly warm whenever you need it morning or evening. It has definitely made the deer lease more bearable for extended stays.

Comment

I took the easy route a few years back and bought a Zodi shower.. not sure what today's price is but it was around $150 back when and some of the best money i've ever spent

Comment

I just use the 7gal blue totes from Walmarts. Summer time I just leave it sitting in the sun all day. If it’s cooler, I’ll empty a couple gallons in a big pot and bring it to a simmer and pour it back in. Mounted a 2x12 on the side of the camp house and just open the nozzle.

Comment

nice

Comment

I made one and painted it black thinking it would absorb more heat. It worked great

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                            Great idea!

I used one on New Years Day when it was about 40 degrees outside, and had a far different experience. I kinda needed it though...

Comment

Working...
                            X