No announcement yet.

Outdoor survival shows- why do they all shoot recurves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see one of these people go up against a griz with a recurve. Now THAT would be worth seeing!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Alone is legit. They can bring 10 items, but only trad bows. Clay Hayes is on season 8. He made a self bow because he’s successfully hunted with self bows before and wanted to use one for the show. He was successful with it earlier in the season, shooting a large animal.
      We watched a couple of seasons of it. It was pretty good. TV. Some of those people (ladies included) were seriously legit survivalists.
      I don't remember which season it was, but there was this one black dude, and he was talking mighty big, about how he was going to win, blah, blah, blah. I think he might've even been in the service. His family, friends, and the town, even threw a parade for him, when he was leaving for the show.
      Dude didn't last 8 hours, before he threw in the towel. What a wimp

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't last long either, but I feel relatively confident that I could make it thru an entire day. That dude was textbook, "all talk; no action", though. Couldn't help but laugh at him!

Comment

There seems to be one like that every season. Someone who definitely has skills, but they talk so big it makes you suspicious. They typically wash out in 1-7 days. But, I’m not knocking on them. They had the balls to go on the show while I’m sitting on the couch.

I’m a big fan of Alone, and I’m really pulling for clay. He has had the most memorable moments thus far in this season IMO (chasing after the cougar that was stalking him, killing the only big game animal taken thus far, REAL close call spraying a charging grizz). I hope the exposure he gets from the show helps him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
          We watched a couple of seasons of it. It was pretty good. TV. Some of those people (ladies included) were seriously legit survivalists.
          I don't remember which season it was, but there was this one black dude, and he was talking mighty big, about how he was going to win, blah, blah, blah. I think he might've even been in the service. His family, friends, and the town, even threw a parade for him, when he was leaving for the show.
          Dude didn't last 8 hours, before he threw in the towel. What a wimp

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't last long either, but I feel relatively confident that I could make it thru an entire day. That dude was textbook, "all talk; no action", though. Couldn't help but laugh at him!

I think that was season 2 or 3. I think a black bear came through “camp” (they typically sleep under a simple tarp on the first night) and he couldn’t handle that. LOL!

I’ve been watching Clay’s YT channel for years. I hope he does well. He posts a recap on his channel every week after the show. He’ll get a boost from being on the show regardless of whether he wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

My wife said I can't be on that show. I wouldn't come back.

Comment

It seems there are always only about 3 to 4 people who are legit survivalist with the rest just being posers.
              As someone mentioned once they start missing their loved ones it's pretty much over!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Whole lot less to mess up on a recurve compared to a compound.
                You know how many guys hunt backcountry for weeks on end with compound bows and nothing happens? That’s not really a valid argument and it’s def. a worthwhile trade off for accuracy and range.

Comment

[quote=Tbar;15717371]I want to see one of these people go up against a griz with a recurve. Now THAT would be worth seeing.

Read up on Pope and Young and Fred Bear.
                  Last edited by Bluesman; 07-25-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

[quote=Bluesman;15717978]
                    Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    I want to see one of these people go up against a griz with a recurve. Now THAT would be worth seeing.

Read up on Pope and Young and Fred Bear.
                    https://youtu.be/1swqv9fzGiM
                    I’m talking on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                      You know how many guys hunt backcountry for weeks on end with compound bows and nothing happens? That’s not really a valid argument and it’s def. a worthwhile trade off for accuracy and range.
                      I get that. I’m just saying the risk is there. Was just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X