Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    30# Power Pro and 5’ of 20# mono leader
    How are y'all tying the mono to the braid . I've been doing the triple overhand knot it keeps slipping [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I always use the double uni knot with a spot of superglue. Never had one slip.

Comment

I got tired of expensive braid so I tried Kastking off Amazon and I've been using it for 5 years now. On my reels that I use weekly I respool at least once a year and I have been really happy with it. I use 25# test and mainly target Redfish.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Suffix 832

Comment

Braid is great stuff BUT...its harder to tie and wants to slip knots...There are some good knots out there...But just remember it ain't MONO/Nylon/Dacron

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                Same here. Only braid i have used for the last 10 years.
                30# braid connected to 20# Seagar flouro

Swivel or tying the leader directly to the braid?

Comment

The palomar knot works great with braid and is easy to tie. I use a swivel ahead of a flouro leader.

Comment

I like the fins windtamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      How are y'all tying the mono to the braid . I've been doing the triple overhand knot it keeps slipping [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                      Learn the FG knot, it sucks to learn but bar none best knot out there

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        with my very limited inshore experience, I liked my kastking braid.

for ones who you leaders - double uni when attaching to main line?
                        I’m a big fan of the blood knot. Never had any issues with it.

Comment

Alberto knot is what i use. Has never slipped or broken.

Comment

Reaction tackle, Get it off amazon. Inexpensive and tough, I use it on my bass and catfish rigs. It was like 45 bucks for 1500 yds. They have all kinds of colors, I use the Camo.

Comment

Double uni for main line to leader for me. Haven’t had a reason to learn another knot for this purpose.

Comment

May be a stupid question but why use mono as your leader and not braided?

Comment

Working...
                                X