Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #51
boy wonder
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My dreams!

If the price is too high, don't buy. If items don't sell, prices won't swell.
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #52
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

More, when the interest rates increase, less will buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
Y'all just give it a little time. When the economy crashes new trucks and houses will be cheap.
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #53
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise Co.

The last two trucks I’ve bought new, I custom ordered. I’ve decided that I just don’t need the high end packages. For me, a truck is a tool, not a statement. I start with the base model and add the accessories that I want. They still aren’t cheap, and I have to wait a couple of weeks but I do save some money.

I remember that’s how people used to buy cars. Go to the dealership and test drive a model. Choose the model. Choose the exterior and interior colors. Pick the trim and accessories then wait for the factory to build it.
Geezy Rider is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:02 PM   #54
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercebronkite View Post
If you think this is ridiculous you should see the insane increase in wakeboard/wakesurf boats. Some of these boats, not yachts, no bathroom, no sleeping quarters are running $250,000 - $280,00. These are ski boats that in 2005 cost $50k.

I have never understood the cost of wake boats. Complete insanity. I remember when a guy I know bought a wakesetter 15 years ago and it was 75k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:02 PM   #55
js4242
Four Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
Thereís a huge shortage of semiconductors and itís affecting the car manufacturers. So they say. Guess where the semiconductors are made? Chi Na

Funny how everything goes back to China.
True there is a semi shortage...but not all are made in China. Regarding wafer starts, China is 4th but growing. TWN, S. KOR and Japan are the top three and the US is 5th.

It's not getting better anytime soon. The industry will dig itself out of the current hole, but I suspect it won't be until next year.
js4242 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #56
big_smith
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady, Rocksprings, New Mexico

I don’t understand why everything I own is worth beans but everybody else’s is gold. He here is my 20plus year old diesel with 275k miles. $15000.....Really? It’s not a classic or antique. It’s a worn out pickup. Oh but it’s a 7.3-yeah but the rest of the truck still has almost 300k. I can’t figure why anyone would pay that kind of money for a worn out pos.
big_smith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #57
Arrowslinger1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rotan tx, Coleman ok

The only way they know how to bring everyone down to the same level is print money and make everything unobtainable. The middle class become poor and the lower class become the middle class. Lol which is now poor! $100k trucks are still the same $50k trucks we had 5 years ago. Before you know it the financing will go out to 120-180 months like campers and boats. Predatory lending will be the only way to afford anything at $15 per hour.

Sorry just ranting a little.
Arrowslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:29 PM   #58
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_smith View Post
I donít understand why everything I own is worth beans but everybody elseís is gold. He here is my 20plus year old diesel with 275k miles. $15000.....Really? Itís not a classic or antique. Itís a worn out pickup. Oh but itís a 7.3-yeah but the rest of the truck still has almost 300k. I canít figure why anyone would pay that kind of money for a worn out pos.
Spoken like a guy that didn't buy a 7.3L.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #59
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

We haven't bought a new vehicle since 2007. Way to rich for me.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:33 PM   #60
CEO
Pope & Young

I don't know. Last time I bought a truck was 2018. The only thing more ridiculous than new truck prices, was used truck prices. When it comes to a diesel at least.
CEO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #61
Fmjag64
Ten Point

Hunt In: NTX

Just saw a factory 2015 F150 King Ranch with 109,000 miles and 1 accident on CarFax on a local big dealer site for $44k haha

Last edited by Fmjag64; 03-02-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Fmjag64 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #62
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Driving my 07 Tacoma into the ground!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 12:38 PM   #63
Arrowslinger1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rotan tx, Coleman ok

Quote:
I donít understand why everything I own is worth beans but everybody elseís is gold. He here is my 20plus year old diesel with 275k miles. $15000.....Really? Itís not a classic or antique. Itís a worn out pickup. Oh but itís a 7.3-yeah but the rest of the truck still has almost 300k. I canít figure why anyone would pay that kind of money for a worn out pos.

If they keep selling extremely high priced vehicles then used will keep getting more expensive. The mass majority of people canít pay $57k for a decent 1/2 ton much less $70k for a diesel 4x4 we all seem to keep buying. $1000 car payments are average now. Houses here are doing the same thing. A 2003 track home for $128000 is now worth $300k. If interest rates had never went down then all of the houses and vehicles would still be cheap. Then what youíd have is richer banks and still middle class people with less money in hand. Itís a double edged sword. Hey at least this $1.9 trillion dollar democrat payoff with $15 per hour minimum wages will make us all the same class of people! POOR!
Arrowslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #64
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
If they keep selling extremely high priced vehicles then used will keep getting more expensive. The mass majority of people canít pay $57k for a decent 1/2 ton much less $70k for a diesel 4x4 we all seem to keep buying. $1000 car payments are average now. Houses here are doing the same thing. A 2003 track home for $128000 is now worth $300k. If interest rates had never went down then all of the houses and vehicles would still be cheap. Then what youíd have is richer banks and still middle class people with less money in hand. Itís a double edged sword. Hey at least this $1.9 trillion dollar democrat payoff with $15 per hour minimum wages will make us all the same class of people! POOR!
But see? This is why we need $15 hour

Lol
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #65
Lynn21
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Tx

Yeah and just wait till gas goes to four five or six dollars a gallon because of this great president we now have.... plus that inflated new truk payment...
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:11 PM   #66
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
Assuming an $80,000 loan at 5% interest, you're looking at over $20k in interest.....NOT serious.
But very few look at the price of the truck and the amount of interest they will pay. Only number they are worried about is that monthly payment.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #67
Scubasteveo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kennard,anywhere else I can mooch

When the masses that keep buying the F250 and F350 that don't even own a receiver hitch or trailer quit buying them to just look cool, the price will come down. Prices are really high, but you sure do see a lot of them on the road. Can't blame anyone but the consumer buying the over priced stuff, then they complain about it.
Scubasteveo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #68
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Man Iím happy with the deal I got on my tundra in august. Stickered just shy of 52k. After rebates ($4500) and haggling I got them a touch over 8k off the price. Then I hit them with a trade on my 14 tundra with 189,000 miles on it and a knocking lifter (they never heard it) and got 18k for it. All in all, I drove off the lot financing 27,700ish after tt&l with zero out of my pocket.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #69
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteveo View Post
When the masses that keep buying the F250 and F350 that don't even own a receiver hitch or trailer quit buying them to just look cool, the price will come down. Prices are really high, but you sure do see a lot of them on the road. Can't blame anyone but the consumer buying the over priced stuff, then they complain about it.

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #70
slayr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Some folks sure do worry a lot about what other folks do.
slayr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:40 PM   #71
freight train
Nubbin' Buck

Come by Spikes Ford in mission TX ask for george Lůpez youíll leave in a new truck tell him Julian sent you

freight train is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #72
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I have never understood the cost of wake boats. Complete insanity. I remember when a guy I know bought a wakesetter 15 years ago and it was 75k.

..... It's getting way worse.

From a dealer here in DFW: They can't even post anything used on the internet because they have a "waiting list", they are into their 2022 allotment for new boats... There are more than a few options over 300k now.

Heck I have mine for sale: it's a 1999 and I'm asking more than it sold for brand new with tons of interest. Even with snowpacolpyse in recent memory.
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #73
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyRo View Post
..... It's getting way worse.

From a dealer here in DFW: They can't even post anything used on the internet because they have a "waiting list", they are into their 2022 allotment for new boats... There are more than a few options over 300k now.

Heck I have mine for sale: it's a 1999 and I'm asking more than it sold for brand new with tons of interest. Even with snowpacolpyse in recent memory.

300k. Thatís a really nice house in the area I live.

Old 03-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #74
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
300k. Thatís a really nice house in the area I live.

It's triple what I paid for my first house. Absolutely crazy
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 05:58 PM   #75
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyRo View Post
It's triple what I paid for my first house. Absolutely crazy

Me too.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #76
ATXRaider83
Six Point

Hunt In: Garza County

In 2016 we bought a double wide to live in while we built our house. 59k. The truck I just bought was 61k. Wife said it has no rooms and less wheels and you paid more than our house for it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
ATXRaider83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #77
skinsfan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Goliad/Medina County

We bought a 2020 Chevy 1500 Custom for my wife (first new vehicle we have ever bought) on Feb 14 of 2020, right before the COVID Mania, paid 30.5k out the door, 2wd base model. New work truck is a 2021 1500 LTZ 4wd, 59k sticker. I’m feeling pretty good about it right now!
skinsfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 07:57 PM   #78
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Loaded trucks now have tons of technology. If you build one with the technology of 10years ago they’re still affordable. You can’t just compare the same trim levels to years past but have to look at what they actually have in them.

I just got a new GMC 2500 at4 and they are flat out loaded with tons of features I’ve never had in a vehicle and it’s priced as such. I did wait until now while they’re offering 0% though
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #79
Mud Shark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Randolph, Co IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gclyde28 View Post
I seriously doubt anyone's price is locked quarterly right now. Our company's lumber pricing had been negotiated quarterly through a group buy until the last year. Now things are getting re-adjusted monthly. The market is just too volatile right now.
You hit it on the head. I'm in the lumber industry as well and regardless of historical pricing, quarterly evaluation is out the window. No one is scared to lose business on quarterly pricing, much less weekly, on pricing right now because it will be higher tomorrow. It's unreal.
Mud Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #80
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

You can think your government partly on the cost of trucks. Especially diesels. All that EPA stuff they add every year adds up. Then you throw in all the gadgets and technology it adds up quick. That being said I hadnít had a new truck in over 12 years. Was still driving the old 7.3. I was waiting on a F250 to come out and really catch my eye. I saw it on the lot and itís now in my driveway. 2021 f250 Lariat Sport. I do get the A plan since the wife works for Ford so that helped a little. And i also has saved to put a much down on it. Canít imagine financing the whole thing. Iíll go drive my 7.3 a few days then hop in the new one and drive it a few days. Thereís a reason new ones are more expensive than 20 years ago. The difference is amazing. The 7.3 has since become a toy.

I love her. I named her Cracker.

Texas Stalker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-02-2021, 08:43 PM   #81
Homer75
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fayette county

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr View Post
Some folks sure do worry a lot about what other folks do.
Itís either beat up the keyboard or beat up the wife with these comments. Everything goes up roughly 10% a year but the salary. Itís been like this sense the Ď50ís/Ď60ís. As long as we have ccís or finance everything nothing going to change. Why should it change, people want to finance $20-30k instead of just paying cash and then b*#ch about prices are the problem.
Homer75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #82
sneaky freak
Ten Point

Hunt In: Old mexico and saltwater

I remember when a crew cab ford 4x4 new was 42,000 about 20 yrs ago, I thought dam that's a alot of money for a truck! Still wont pay that for a vehicle or a boat, I like older and clean and refuse to be in debted to the man, when this whole $hotshow collapses I wont be near as worried
sneaky freak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 09:44 AM   #83
WRasco
Eight Point

Hunt In: Online - Buy more gear than I Hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrington View Post
last year tiage ski boats sold out and none were to be found for sale. prices went up again
Guess it is a sellers market.
I have. 2006 Tige 21i if anyone is interested.
WRasco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #84
Briar Friar
Pope & Young

Inflation inflation inflation. Keep spending and printing money Dems. Next freeze we’ll be burning paper money to stay warm and it wont be the first time in geopolitical history.

Who is ready for $10/gal milk!

Look at the timelines for the money supply doubling. Hyper inflation is knocking on every Americans door.

Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-04-2021 at 09:52 AM. Reason: HyperInflationSpake
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 10:28 AM   #85
Trapper76
Eight Point

I think I’m going to drive my 2013 f250 until it drops! May do like my high school days and get an engine from the wrecking yard when that happens.
Trapper76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #86
Mud Shark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Randolph, Co IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
I don't know. Last time I bought a truck was 2018. The only thing more ridiculous than new truck prices, was used truck prices. When it comes to a diesel at least.
This is the truth! there is little to no benefit of getting a used truck.
i saw a 2018 GMC Denalli with a little over 100K miles and they wanted $58K for it, then a 2019 F250 with 40K miles and they wanted $66K...
i'll spend the little bit more for brand new and better financing.
Mud Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #87
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

It all started when Urban Cowboy hit the big screen. Ever since then, everybody and their dog had to have a pickup.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #88
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

I know used prices were crazy about 6 months ago, and still had massive rebates on the new stuff. I got within $1800 of what I paid BRAND NEW for my 2018 chevy Crew Cab LT, and over $12.5K off the 2020 GMC. I wasn't even looking to trade, but friend in the car business told me what our trucks were bringing. He and I bought the same type truck at the same time in 2018. He went with a new Dodge, but same story.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #89
asttbe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My yard

I got a steal on a truck last Sept. bought a 2016 3500HD DRW High Country Chevy with 14,000 miles on it. The guy that had it never reset the tripometer avg speed was 43mph.

asttbe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #90
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper76 View Post
I think Iím going to drive my 2013 f250 until it drops! May do like my high school days and get an engine from the wrecking yard when that happens.
Did this last year. Needed a valve job on my 300K Tundra. Found a newer Tundra in a yard and bought a 100K engine, transmission, transfer case, and the steering stuff...........

Cost a little more than the valve job..........
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #91
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County
Talking

Don't worry guys your stimulus check is on the way
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #92
DS_1974
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Shark View Post
This is the truth! there is little to no benefit of getting a used truck.
i saw a 2018 GMC Denalli with a little over 100K miles and they wanted $58K for it, then a 2019 F250 with 40K miles and they wanted $66K...
i'll spend the little bit more for brand new and better financing.
Good grief I paid less than that for my 2018 F250 lariat diesel brand new!
DS_1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 07:28 PM   #93
BuckSmasher
Ten Point

Hunt In: All Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcooke123 View Post
Exactly. Financing 100% of the truck and over 84 months allows them to do it. Weíve all heard the ďhow much do you want your monthly payment to beĒ sales pitch. The number of people I know that make $50-60k a year and drive Lariats, Platinums, and Raptors is terrifying. They can scrounge by to afford the payment, but definitely cannot afford the truck.

I donít expect it to change anytime soon.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteveo View Post
All of this.
BuckSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #94
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Iím not in the game right now but some people must suck at shopping/negotiating.

So lemme get this straight:

Used trucks are high because of lack of inventory but new trucks equipped exactly the same are plentiful so dealers are knocking off big $$?

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 09:12 PM   #95
schmalzy
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gulf coast and VA

37k out the door for a 2wd single cab Silverado 2500 work truck on Friday.

schmalzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 10:19 PM   #96
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Iím not in the game right now but some people must suck at shopping/negotiating.

So lemme get this straight:

Used trucks are high because of lack of inventory but new trucks equipped exactly the same are plentiful so dealers are knocking off big $$?

If youíre looking for a diesel new inventory is low also
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 02:31 AM   #97
dave797
Nubbin' Buck

None for this single guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
Don't worry guys your stimulus check is on the way
dave797 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #98
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, Old Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by asttbe View Post
I got a steal on a truck last Sept. bought a 2016 3500HD DRW High Country Chevy with 14,000 miles on it. The guy that had it never reset the tripometer avg speed was 43mph.

Probably let it idle all day.
Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 08:21 AM   #99
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Just like ammo, some people will pay it!

They gotta have a new truck with a 7 year note haha

Throw a YETI in the back and they are on cloud 9
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 09:07 AM   #100
tmurray
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb County

I feel like I got in at just the right time! I bought my truck March 2018 for $41k + TTL and that was $15k off sticker. It now has 54k miles on it and it appears to be worth about $36-38k, that's crazy to me.

2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Premium Plus Package 4x4 5.3l eAssist

By the way, if anybody wants to give me what I paid for it, I'll sell it and figure out my next move lol.
tmurray is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top