More hunting pressure with covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed this with more people being laid off this year, our deer have been more nocturnal that I can ever remember this year.

I tried to put together 3 pricy hunts and all were bought by folks with more money......

Got Spring Turkey handled and am working on a May / June Axis hunt...............

Comment

Absolutely
      Hunting and fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes. Wednesday at our duck lease is more like a Saturday.

Comment

I know a lot of people that stayed at their hunting properties a lot more and for longer this year. then i know several that never showed up

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
            I know a lot of people that stayed at their hunting properties a lot more and for longer this year. then i know several that never showed up
            Some lived at ours....

Weeks on end they never left. Lol

Comment

I know the deer processors seemed busier than ever this year!

Comment

I spent my entire 14 day quarantine at the lease!

Comment

No doubt about it.

Comment

I spent as much time at the lease as I could. Rather be there than at home. Deer movement was not happening.

Comment

Never thought about it that way, but yes, deer movement sucked. Especially on the weekends. We spent more time than usual in camp this year, my wife had our second child so she was off all season, and the hunting would not get good until day 4 or 5 which was usually a Tuesday/Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not really. We were all done with our deer thanksgiving weekend. Made for a short season but it was the best we’ve ever had on our place. The only thing we could have killed after that were spikes and we haven’t really seen many of them. And the ones we have seen are yearling 3 points or something. I do wish I could have hunted more though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt a small acreage property, about 60 acres but surrounded by a large lease. All during archery season, i could hear lease members driving, playing music, filling feeders and such. Then come rifle season, no more driving, no feeder spinning (especially from the guy who has a feeder on my fence line), and no shots. I live half hour from the lease so i spent alot of time there.

Comment

I'm out at mine every 3rd week for 5-6 days at a time, all year so i usually know the regulars and 2020 has been a**backwards.

Comment

I had more encounters with other hunters in the first couple of days hunting public land this year than I had in the 10 years prior.

Largely Covid, and partly due to the popularity of DIY public land hunting shows and channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X