Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #201
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
That was kind of sarcastic but I just cant figure this stock out nor how its valuation is being justified. It just seems to me the bubble will burst at some point. Reminds me of the dotcom days with this one. Ive talk with some really smart people who do this for a living and they havent been able to give me any good reason this stock is where it is. It could very well be Im wrong and will be kicking myself as it continues to growing exponentially.
I agree with you on the valuation. I shorted it back when it was in the 250's thinking the same thing then. Lost some money on it back then. Doesn't make any sense now either but I'm still staying away unless I do some option spreads and limit my risk. Really was curious if I was missing something on it.
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #202
bphillips
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico, Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
I used to do a lot of swing trading. Was good while it lasted but job duties changed and can't watch as much as I used to. Still do a little when I get the chance.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I will ride it out while Iím still working from home but will move to stuff that requires a lot less attention when we go back
bphillips is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #203
AJMag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHighways View Post
Does anyone post their bad trades/losses?
Most of my bad trades are from getting emotional and impatient. A lot of time they do go up like i anticipate, but they aren't done going down and i get too nervous to wait it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
I'm curious if anyone will post their trading strategy. How do they identify stocks, what fundamentals are they looking at, what technicals are they using, etc. Or is it all gut feel. I'm always looking for ways to improve my research and trading strategy.
In my IRA I'm more fundamental based because i don't watch it as close as my brokerage. In that one i run pretty much all technical or speculation with less concern for fundamentals. It all varies based on what i see. Lately, riding the 9 ema has worked. Others i play based on support and resistance levels. Then I'll mix in some momentum watching RSI and MACD. My plan is determined by a combo of daily, hourly and 5 minute charts depending on if i can make a day or swing trade. Occasionally I'll do a high dollar stock if the move is right, but prefer anything under 20 a share with lots of volume. I'll go in weekly and run the scanner for low dollar, high volume, and various market cap sizes, then compare that to net changes, rsi below 40 and MACD convergence and divergence. Looking for those stocks that just pulled back on the dailies and beginning the crossover to the upside. Those are a little harder to find so you have to watch and be ready, but can get a nice 1 or 2 week play. Otherwise i watch for more of a scalp over a couple of days, make a quick 5 or 10 percent on my p&l and move to the next.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #204
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Dumped my silver position today. Rose too fast for my comfort. Will buy back in when it inevitably corrects, hopefully around the $20 range. Long term fundamentals are still intact
TwoHighways is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #205
captainsling
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dilley, Texas

Quote:
Dumped my silver position today. Rose too fast for my comfort. Will buy back in when it inevitably corrects, hopefully around the $20 range. Long term fundamentals are still intact
Not sure that or gold will ďcorrectĒ until COVID is under control. Good at a all time high.
captainsling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2020, 02:23 PM   #206
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsling View Post
Not sure that or gold will “correct” until COVID is under control. Good at a all time high.
looming sovereign debt crisis keeps us the fundamental reason to own precious metals, but if shtf, I’m not sure what good owning them will actually do for anyone. Nothing ever rises in a straight line though and expect a pullback (at least in silver) pretty soon. I got in a $14 and was happy to cash out at a 58% return. I’m pretty bearish about the sustainability of what we’re doing. The powers that be have kept the house of cards up far longer than I anticipated. I thought 2008 was when the whole system would come crashing down.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #207
AJMag
Pope & Young

BGFV paying off well tonight after earnings beat. Setting a limit stop tonight just in case. All the sporting goods and firearms stocks have been good to me during this crisis. I almost bought AMD this afternoon but had hesitation. I regret that now, that thing ripped after a beat as well.

I love a well executed earnings season!

Old 07-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #208
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
looming sovereign debt crisis keeps us the fundamental reason to own precious metals, but if shtf, I’m not sure what good owning them will actually do for anyone. Nothing ever rises in a straight line though and expect a pullback (at least in silver) pretty soon. I got in a $14 and was happy to cash out at a 58% return. I’m pretty bearish about the sustainability of what we’re doing. The powers that be have kept the house of cards up far longer than I anticipated. I thought 2008 was when the whole system would come crashing down.
If shtf I'd say SLV and gold tank also. But they will rally up hard soon after.

In 2009 SLV went pretty much straight up to $46. I think we rose faster this time.. I sold a little over half my calls.

It will get real interesting if markets crash again. One would think there would have to be a limit on how many trillions they can print. I thought it was scary in 2008 but now they've printed a ton more..

When this house of cards comes down it's not coming back up IMO. They are setting the stage for doom then one world order to "save the people" I just hope the stage stays set for another 5-10 years before falling.

Last edited by RiverRat1; 07-28-2020 at 07:31 PM.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2020, 11:49 PM   #209
IvoryRoot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
Most of my bad trades are from getting emotional and impatient. A lot of time they do go up like i anticipate, but they aren't done going down and i get too nervous to wait it out.In my IRA I'm more fundamental based because i don't watch it as close as my brokerage. In that one i run pretty much all technical or speculation with less concern for fundamentals. It all varies based on what i see. Lately, riding the 9 ema has worked. Others i play based on support and resistance levels. Then I'll mix in some momentum watching RSI and MACD. My plan is determined by a combo of daily, hourly and 5 minute charts depending on if i can make a day or swing trade. Occasionally I'll do a high dollar stock if the move is right, but prefer anything under 20 a share with lots of volume. I'll go in weekly and run the scanner for low dollar, high volume, and various market cap sizes, then compare that to net changes, rsi below 40 and MACD convergence and divergence. Looking for those stocks that just pulled back on the dailies and beginning the crossover to the upside. Those are a little harder to find so you have to watch and be ready, but can get a nice 1 or 2 week play. Otherwise i watch for more of a scalp over a couple of days, make a quick 5 or 10 percent on my p&l and move to the next.

New to the game. What is this scanner you’re talking about?
IvoryRoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #210
cva34
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

Just thinking back seems like every Pres Election year stock goes down before NOV,,Have not researched facts just off old memory...
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #211
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryRoot View Post
New to the game. What is this scanner youíre talking about?
Therebare scanners that search stocks for certain criteria. Successful day traders have to use them to find what's in play each day, but the good one's come with a hefty monthly cost. I use one on the think or swim platform that's free. It's sufficient for what I do, since I'm looking over days rather than real time action to jump on that second

Old 07-29-2020, 09:20 AM   #212
captainsling
Pope & Young

Was anybody able to get into KODK? Please tell me you didn't miss this one. All started yesterday.

Just halted for the 4th time today.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #213
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Was anybody able to get into KODK? Please tell me you didn't miss this one. All started yesterday.

Just halted for the 4th time today.
Sun of a B. I heard that his morning and forgot about it. Over 500%. That's just nuts!!

Sent from my SM-T837A using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #214
captainsling
Pope & Young

Halted twice more since I posted! Wild ride for sure. Enjoying every minute of it.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #215
sharpshooter1
Six Point

Hunt In: The South Texas brush

I got in on Kodak this morning at $18. I only play with 1-5 shares of anything though. Have 3 shares of Kodak.
sharpshooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #216
No-Tox
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ellis County

Hmmmm.....

Kodak Chairman Jim Continenza has also taken some heat for buying 46,737 shares of Kodak stock on June 23 at an average price of $2.22.

Roughly a month later, that $103,575 investment is now worth more than $1.5 million.
No-Tox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #217
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

I bought some WKHS today at 16.13 Lets see what happens.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 04:53 PM   #218
Milkfisher
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan4ut View Post
I bought some WKHS today at 16.13 Lets see what happens.
I did the same thing
Milkfisher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #219
AJMag
Pope & Young

Did it right again today with HOME. Bought in this morning at 9.08 expecting good earnings today. It delivered with a run up to 16, and i sold in extended hours after it pulled back to 14.5. Was a nice couple days, but now I'm stuck waiting for all my cash to settle and gearing up for next weeks earnings reports. I really need to start learning to play options better so i can get around this PDT rule

Old 07-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #220
AJMag
Pope & Young

Going to watch FND tomorrow for the home improvement play, but it's been on a tear. Already seems overextended but buyers may still rip higher if they beat.

EA reports tomorrow but feel they are being ambitious compared to last years Q2, granted it's a good stay home play and people needed more quarantine media.

Haines has been looking decent so I'm interested in what they do, though i probably wouldn't put my money on it.

ZEN is the last one that peeks my interest. It had a good day today, hasn't over extended like then rest of tech and stayed on a steady climb. I bet theres plenty of room to go. May not crank upwards on a beat, but might boost it up again and help a strong climb for a good swing trade.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #221
Tbar
Ten Point

Quote:
Does anyone post their bad trades/losses?
Boeing(BA) @ $323.00
&
Boeing(BA) @ $135.00
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #222
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Boeing(BA) @ $323.00
&
Boeing(BA) @ $135.00
That's painful. I messed around with those leveraged ETF's back in 2008 and got burned attempting to short banks that should not have been bailed out.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #223
Mofo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Dewitt County

Quote:
Did it right again today with HOME. Bought in this morning at 9.08 expecting good earnings today. It delivered with a run up to 16, and i sold in extended hours after it pulled back to 14.5. Was a nice couple days, but now I'm stuck waiting for all my cash to settle and gearing up for next weeks earnings reports. I really need to start learning to play options better so i can get around this PDT rule

Home run on that one!!!
Mofo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #224
SaintBlaise
Eight Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

I'm in options on CRM and V, expecting them to move w/n a week back to their 52 week high. CRM now at 191.60, 52 week high 202.80. V now at 194.50, 52 week high 214.10. If you are long on these, you will see the 52 week highs very soon.
SaintBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 01:50 PM   #225
SaintBlaise
Eight Point

Quote:

I think you need more than 25k in cash or securities to get around the PDT. If you want help with options, send me a PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #226
CTR0022
Ten Point

I've got some losers, that i think will eventually come back, but may take at least 3 years if not closer to 5.....

What do you think I should do? Cut'em and buy into something more promising? Just stick with it till they turn around?

Lots of unknowns right now...
CTR0022 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #227
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBlaise View Post
I think you need more than 25k in cash or securities to get around the PDT. If you want help with options, send me a PM.
You have to maintain a balance over 25k, so i take that to mean you better have a lot more to cover days when your long equities are in the red. I've never even applied for margin on my account so i can't mess with options until then, at least with TD. I've done a bit of reading up, but want to get more familiar with strategies and covering calls/puts before then.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #228
STGS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Some pretty impressive after hours trading going on with Apple, FB and Amazon. Several others on their coattails as well. Tomorrow could be a very interesting day in the market of this after hours session is any indication.
STGS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 04:56 PM   #229
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by STGS View Post
Some pretty impressive after hours trading going on with Apple, FB and Amazon. Several others on their coattails as well. Tomorrow could be a very interesting day in the market of this after hours session is any indication.
I was really debating on trying a couple of the ones i was watching, but decided not to which was a good call. There were some other good beats today but they are being overshadowed by the fang stocks. Think I'm done until next week. Going to let my cash settle out so i have a full balance to play. There's some really good ones still to come.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:05 PM   #230
AJMag
Pope & Young

Cat and merck report tomorrow morning. Actually i would like to see merck miss earnings, buy in the IRA and wait for the next bigs news event to sell. Cat has been looking nice so i bet they beat, but it's too high for me to make a play. I like stuff under $50 so i can buy more and make higher percentages on my return.

My 2 nice plays this week were BGFV and HOME, both under 10 a share at the time. The earning shot them up enough that i made over 50% return on each. Risky, but that's what stops are for

Old 07-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #231
SaintBlaise
Eight Point

Quote:
You have to maintain a balance over 25k, so i take that to mean you better have a lot more to cover days when your long equities are in the red. I've never even applied for margin on my account so i can't mess with options until then, at least with TD. I've done a bit of reading up, but want to get more familiar with strategies and covering calls/puts before then.

Don't wait. Download TD's Think or Swim. You can paper trade while you learn. I use a low cost service that gives me "a trade" every Tuesday. A few weeks ago the trade was UPS. I wasn't able to get in, but it went up many levels beyond what was expected. I think some in the group made over 400% that week. This service gives you ideas to Buy Calls or Buy Puts, that's playing it up or down. They also offer free personal education help. This weeks trade is Visa "V", I'm still up despite the sell off today. Hopefully, tomorrow it picks up, because my option expires at 3. After hours trading has it up a point and a half.

One morning on the Tuesday call where they review the trade, I was in and out with 107% on CHWY in 35 minutes. When playing options, you have to be ready to sell at any time, things can turn against you fast.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:20 PM   #232
Tbar
Ten Point

A few of my many positions:

Precious metals
EUR's
CHF's
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2020, 06:00 PM   #233
captainsling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by STGS View Post
Apple is doing another 4:1 split for any stock holder on record as of August 24th. Glad I bought some last month.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:16 PM   #234
SaintBlaise
Eight Point

Quote:
Apple is doing another 4:1 split for any stock holder on record as of August 24th. Glad I bought some last month.
Man I'm glad to hear that. The option prices will be lower too.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #235
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Finally not upside down on miller/coors. It was a long term hold anyway, but they beat earnings estimates, which sent the stock up a couple % and put me in the green. Up 30% since buying Budweiser. They beat earnings estimates as well. People aren’t gunna go without their booze.

Chevron took a beating today. May have put me in the red, but it’s a long term hold and a dividend play. Same with the couple utility stocks I own.

Last edited by TwoHighways; 07-30-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #236
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Don't wait. Download TD's Think or Swim. You can paper trade while you learn. I use a low cost service that gives me "a trade" every Tuesday. A few weeks ago the trade was UPS. I wasn't able to get in, but it went up many levels beyond what was expected. I think some in the group made over 400% that week. This service gives you ideas to Buy Calls or Buy Puts, that's playing it up or down. They also offer free personal education help. This weeks trade is Visa "V", I'm still up despite the sell off today. Hopefully, tomorrow it picks up, because my option expires at 3. After hours trading has it up a point and a half.

One morning on the Tuesday call where they review the trade, I was in and out with 107% on CHWY in 35 minutes. When playing options, you have to be ready to sell at any time, things can turn against you fast.
TOS is what I use already. I do use the paper account some, but haven't started it with options yet. I watch a lot on a site called BullishBears. It's alright but I don't get the time to really use it for all the benefits. Watch a lot of the videos though. I keep the TOS mobile app pulled up on my tablet all day, but it's not good for quick action. So everything I do has to be more of a swing play. I'll enjoy it in another week when I go back to working from home for a bit due to kids and virtual learning, and can scalp some things off the hot keys.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM   #237
SaintBlaise
Eight Point

Quote:
TOS is what I use already. I do use the paper account some, but haven't started it with options yet. I watch a lot on a site called BullishBears. It's alright but I don't get the time to really use it for all the benefits. Watch a lot of the videos though. I keep the TOS mobile app pulled up on my tablet all day, but it's not good for quick action. So everything I do has to be more of a swing play. I'll enjoy it in another week when I go back to working from home for a bit due to kids and virtual learning, and can scalp some things off the hot keys.
The TOS my have a different app for the desktop. The TOS phone app is extremely limited, compared to the desktop version. They have a tool on the screen that is called "active trader". This allows you to see the bid/ask action and execute with the a click. You can find several videos of them on youtube, or you can call for a TOS session for expert help on your setup. My TOS guy did something to speed up the TOS interface for me. I only know a few in's and out's on the TOS, but it's loaded with features. On the pay service I use, the trader running the calls uses TOS. During those calls, he really knows how to get around that thing and show us a ton of helpful data.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:30 AM   #238
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Ugh, Chevron taking another beating. I'll probably add to my position a little bit to average down. Or maybe wait to see what it does next week.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:33 AM   #239
Bdunn
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Do any of you guys know of a good primer from somebody brand new to trading? I'm not throwing a lot of money around, just a little play money for now as a hobby. Been watching the markets for a couple months, but honestly have no clue how it really works. I have a robinhood account with nothing in it except the free stock. I'd like to learn more about stock markets and how they work as I play around with extra cash.
Bdunn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #240
TwoHighways
Eight Point

Probably some great youtube videos out there on technical analysis out there. I don't really swing trade though. If I had a million in a brokerage account and could make a living doing it, then maybe it would be a bit more appealing. Even then, I'd probably just own rental properties as that seems less risky and seems like a more "real" form of wealth.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #241
TwoHighways
Eight Point

I’ve taken close to a $2000 dollar haircut today. Oh well. Think I’m still positive for the week. Budweiser down 6% and chevron down 4%
Old 07-31-2020, 11:15 AM   #242
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
The TOS my have a different app for the desktop. The TOS phone app is extremely limited, compared to the desktop version. They have a tool on the screen that is called "active trader". This allows you to see the bid/ask action and execute with the a click. You can find several videos of them on youtube, or you can call for a TOS session for expert help on your setup. My TOS guy did something to speed up the TOS interface for me. I only know a few in's and out's on the TOS, but it's loaded with features. On the pay service I use, the trader running the calls uses TOS. During those calls, he really knows how to get around that thing and show us a ton of helpful data.
The desktop is fantastic for me. That's why i can't wait for my work from home periods. It's so much easier to get in and out, and monitor multiple stocks on the active trader. I keep 4 stocks up at once and can move on any quick. The app is useless in comparison, but works for holding in terms of hours or more.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #243
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Iíve taken close to a $2000 dollar haircut today. Oh well. Think Iím still positive for the week. Budweiser down 6% and chevron down 4%
Friday's are always bad days. But i like them for getting into positions that will rebound on monday morning excitement.

I was holding out for a good entryminto chegg before earnings next week, but I'm thinking about another play on sportsmans wharehouse and smith and wesson. I keep buying those on dips and sell a day or 2 later when they rebound. Cheap enough that i get a nice profit percentage. Probably going to jump on SPWH, and probably still do chegg, but these outdoor supply names have been consistently good to me lately!

Old 07-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #244
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

All my Oil stocks are tanking.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #245
axisbuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lampasas

AAPL and FB up on earnings still hanging onto them since 2013.
axisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2020, 07:17 AM   #246
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

Quote:
Cat and merck report tomorrow morning. Actually i would like to see merck miss earnings, buy in the IRA and wait for the next bigs news event to sell. Cat has been looking nice so i bet they beat, but it's too high for me to make a play. I like stuff under $50 so i can buy more and make higher percentages on my return.

My 2 nice plays this week were BGFV and HOME, both under 10 a share at the time. The earning shot them up enough that i made over 50% return on each. Risky, but that's what stops are for

How does a lower share price equate to making higher percentages on your return?

You can have $1,000 to invest. One stock sells for $1,000 a share so you buy 1 share. One stock sells for $50 a share so you buy 20 shares. Say each share price increases 10%. You sell your one share of the first stock for $1,100 or you sell your 20 shares at $55 each and still end up with $1,100. Itís a 10% return either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #247
AJMag
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin Darts View Post
How does a lower share price equate to making higher percentages on your return?

You can have $1,000 to invest. One stock sells for $1,000 a share so you buy 1 share. One stock sells for $50 a share so you buy 20 shares. Say each share price increases 10%. You sell your one share of the first stock for $1,100 or you sell your 20 shares at $55 each and still end up with $1,100. Itís a 10% return either way.

I look at it as the percentage i make, not the percentage increase on the stock. That's the actual return on investment. With that 1,000, you could buy 5 shares of Microsoft. It goes up $10, you made 50 on 1,000 investment. Put that same 1,000 in a $10 stock that goes up $1, you made $100. So 5% return vs 10% return. It's the same reason day traders like to scalp penny stocks. You can't look at return on investment the same as a stocks increase. Totally different calculations. Hope that makes sense.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #248
captainsling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin Darts View Post

What you just used as an example is absolutely correct. What I think he is trying to say is the cheaper stock that are well ran companies generally make larger percentage runs than the larger priced growth stocks.

That has at least been my experience with my IRA. My smaller investments have made higher percentage gains than the larger investments that I have. This is not always the case though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 08-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #249
Reel cajun
Four Point

Default *

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Tox View Post
Exactly.

Last edited by Reel cajun; 08-02-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: *
Reel cajun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #250
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

Quote:
I look at it as the percentage i make, not the percentage increase on the stock. That's the actual return on investment. With that 1,000, you could buy 5 shares of Microsoft. It goes up $10, you made 50 on 1,000 investment. Put that same 1,000 in a $10 stock that goes up $1, you made $100. So 5% return vs 10% return. It's the same reason day traders like to scalp penny stocks. You can't look at return on investment the same as a stocks increase. Totally different calculations. Hope that makes sense.

Lol ok.

So the percentage you make on a stock is not the percentage increase on the stock. Got it.

Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top