Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 02-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #51
QuackHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
exactly!
talk smack about guys who test and bring products to the market to help our troops , LEO and even them .... not to mention the instructional videos , practice drills etc .. which are totally fantastic if you'd give them a try.

often those are the same guys who show up at a shoot with their gucci guns and end up sitting on the bench cause their gear won't run

They put out some fantastic educational content outside of shooting as well. I would contribute a large portion of where Iím at in shooting to Lucas and similar guys, theyíre the reason I have a battle belt setup and now a chest rig. Theyíre the reason I have some of the gear I do because itís been shown to me as something valuable to have and know how to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #52
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
I'm cool with the kid, he's a little bit of a dork but he's a huge proponent for the 2A community which is awesome.

I think a lot of the apprehension with Lucas is that people would rather take gunfighting tips from someone that's actually been in a gunfight before. There's so many good instructors out there with real-world two-way range knowledge thanks to the GWOT that his info can come across as less pertinent. He's a hell of a shooter for sure but its a different world when the targets are shooting back.
agreed , but i also quoted Travis Haley and they trashed him too ..

and i'm pretty sure he's been shot at once or twice ...
imyomama is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #53
Clay C
Pope & Young

Quote:

No one in here trashed Travis Haley.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #54
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackHunter View Post
That sounds like a very Ill informed comment. What are you basing your opinion on? He constantly promotes training, fighting for your rights, and owning quality gear and learning how to use it. The only argument I see people have is ďhe isnít mil or leĒ guess what mil and le donít get to spend 90% of their time shooting they have tons of aspects to work.

I still think the kids a dip****. Yes heís a great shooter and very pro 2nd. Just like I donít care if he likes me Iím sure he doesnít care what I think of him. What does that have to do with this light?
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:25 PM   #55
Clay C
Pope & Young

Quote:
They put out some fantastic educational content outside of shooting as well. I would contribute a large portion of where I’m at in shooting to Lucas and similar guys, they’re the reason I have a battle belt setup and now a chest rig. They’re the reason I have some of the gear I do because it’s been shown to me as something valuable to have and know how to use.

Lucas does great things with 2A outreach and I do think he is a great resource for equipment information since he gets his hands on a lot of different stuff.

As you said, Lucas himself acknowledges he does not have the proper background or knowledge to teach tactics. He is just a dorky, hard working guy who can shoot well.

Last edited by Clay C; 02-24-2021 at 01:37 PM.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #56
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:

Youíd be dangerous if you could read.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #57
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

I run a 1-6 w/ duplex firedot but never even tried turning on the dot as it's really not needed with the modlite's brite throw. I'll give it a test & get back.

I did a bunch of research & went with the Modlite PLHv2-18650 over the okw & am happy...liked it so much I got one of their handheld units. The gents on M4carbine are constant on the modlite for long gun & SF for sidearm. They take their gun talk seriously.

Last edited by Artos; 02-24-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #58
BigJimmyRustler
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch

Quote:
Thatís the thing though is he doesnít teach tactics or gun fighting. He teaches shooting, like you said their are qualified guys to go to who have been in situations. That said you donít have to have been in situations to know mechanics and tactics. He just wants people on the range, learning, and getting better.
I would argue the line between tactics/gunfighting and his preferred type of shooting isn't black/white its gray and there's overlap/cause&effect.
If he was just teaching people how to 3-gun and get the quickest times thats one thing but he's not.
The people that take everything he says as gospel and defend him to the end are also a cause for the way he's viewed.

Again, I don't mind the kid but take what he posts with a grain of salt.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #59
JFFB
Eight Point

Hunt In: Pointe Coupee
Default Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex76 View Post
Thinking about putting a light on a AR. Which ones do you guys prefer?
Sniper Hog Light. What else is there.
JFFB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #60
imyomama
Ten Point

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Youíd be dangerous if you could read.

Quote:
Letís be honest here. Too many of yíall throw out some dumb*** trade offers. You want to do that be my guest. Itís going to be in my favor if I accept it. Ifs itís something I actually want (Iíll list it in the ad) and then Iíll give you same as cash value if itís in good condition. Yíall that skip right over it arenít hurting anyoneís feelings. Thatís exactly what we wanted you to do. Keeps the stupid to a minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
You arenít going to live long with your anger issues. Lol

Seriously, lighten up. It was not that serious of a thread. Calling folks stupid seems well stupid.
I just learned how to read, thank you, and i found that you're attacking people all the time on other threads as well .. so it's not just me.. i feel so much better knowing you're being a duck to everybody !
Old 02-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #61
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
I just learned how to read, thank you, and i found that you're attacking people all the time on other threads as well .. so it's not just me.. i feel so much better knowing you're being a duck to everybody !
Should I pay rent for living in your head boo?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:35 AM   #62
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Should I pay rent for living in your head boo?
not at all , but thanks at least for reaffirming that you're this way with just about everyone, at least I don't feel like you're picking on me personally.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:47 AM   #63
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
not at all , but thanks at least for reaffirming that you're this way with just about everyone, at least I don't feel like you're picking on me personally.
You must really wear your feeling on your shoulder if you think that comment was an attack. This is why everyone gets so dam offended these days. A bunch of pansies. As usual you still have no concept of reading comprehension. Calling trade offers stupid is not attacking a person. Itís saying the offer itself was stupid.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #64
duckhunter175
Eight Point

To the OP- sorry your thread got jacked--

If you are looking in a budget oriented direction here is a solid choice-- Streamlight ProTac HLX1000-- it is rail mounted, rechargeable and has rattled around in my duty vehicle for 3 years with zero issues-- I use the handheld version as a backup light on my duty belt or if I really want to make someone see stars.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8.../dp/B06VTLLDH4

Glad that some folks posted up comparisons- trying to find the photos now I took between the Streamlight and the Surefire we were issued.
duckhunter175 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #65
gatorgrizz27
Ten Point

Location: Tallahassee FL, fled the Californian invasion of Austin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckhunter175 View Post
To the OP- sorry your thread got jacked--

If you are looking in a budget oriented direction here is a solid choice-- Streamlight ProTac HLX1000-- it is rail mounted, rechargeable and has rattled around in my duty vehicle for 3 years with zero issues-- I use the handheld version as a backup light on my duty belt or if I really want to make someone see stars.

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8.../dp/B06VTLLDH4

Glad that some folks posted up comparisons- trying to find the photos now I took between the Streamlight and the Surefire we were issued.
I just purchased one of those as well. Had been on my radar but I found solid reviews by Sage Dynamics and Mr Guns and Gear. Both are well respected by me. I like it so far, only negative IMO is the mount sticks out quite a ways. Probably going to look for an aftermarket one.

It appears to be higher performance than the Surefire 600, for half the price. Downside is a perceived slightly reduced reputation for reliability (talking Trijicon vs Aimpoint, not UTG level)
gatorgrizz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-04-2021, 10:14 PM   #66
BigJimmyRustler
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
I just purchased one of those as well. Had been on my radar but I found solid reviews by Sage Dynamics and Mr Guns and Gear. Both are well respected by me. I like it so far, only negative IMO is the mount sticks out quite a ways. Probably going to look for an aftermarket one.

It appears to be higher performance than the Surefire 600, for half the price. Downside is a perceived slightly reduced reputation for reliability (talking Trijicon vs Aimpoint, not UTG level)
I've had plenty of Streamlights but saying they're on the same level of comparison with Surefire that Aimpoint/Trijicon being compared isn't realistic in my opinion.

A Chinesium Protac just isn't in the same ballpark as a Surefire Scout. I've owned multiple of each.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 03-04-2021 at 10:16 PM.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top