Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first was a Switchback XT, so no.

Comment

I traded my first one for an old long ata Martin warthog. I wanted to try instinctive. Now Every time I upgrade compound bows I give it to someone who could use it and appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
        My first was a Switchback XT, so no.
        Well if we include compound bows my first I gave to my brother. He toyed around with archery but it never took.
        He still has it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
          Still have it, but I'm not very good at selling or getting rid of things.
          This is the only reason I still get to live at home. My wife is a hoarder. She never throws anything remotely useful away.
          Now and then though I have to fix or upgrade something to maintain that status![emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok I appreciate the responses. They do make me feel better about selling it lol. Ill post it on the classifieds if any one is interested. Here are a couple of pics.

It is 62 inches, 49# at 28in. Buckeye burl with macassar ebony. Made in 2017 or 2018..dont remember. In excellent shape.
            Attached Files

Comment

A big problem with selling a bow that you purchased new as a custom is that you typically take a huge hit. Some bow companies have a long wait so if you find someone who doesn’t want to wait and the bow fits their criteria you can sometimes do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did and was sick about it. Luckily, I got it back 4 years later from the same person. Haha

Comment

I still have my first bow,Bear Grizzly, but I gave my first compound,Bear Whitetail hunter to a poor fella in East Texas that let me hunt his place for no charge when I got my Golden Eagle.

Comment

Very nice looking stick BeardedAg!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My first bow blew up when my daughter dry fired it.
                      No biggie. I was already using a different bow long before that happened.

I've never really developed a nostalgic connection to any of them.
                      They are tools to me, so I discard/replace as the need, or desire for a better tool comes along.

Suffice it to say: I have given away, and sold a lot of bows over the years, and have zero regrets.

Rick

Comment

I made my first bow. I broke it too. My first glass bow was given to me by my dad. I’ll keep it even though I don’t shoot it.

Comment

Yep I did and never regretted it. It was a compound and after about 6 years I got bored with it. Picked up a Damon Howatt recurve and have several different Trad bows now. Not bored

Comment

Working...
                          X