Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck looks like a fun hunt!

Comment

Good luck. My old stomping grounds...port st joe, wewahitchka, tate's hell swamp.

Comment

Good luck to you. Sounds like a fun hunt.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck! Will be keeping an eye out for pics!

Comment

Boy am I feeling old. We got at the ramp at 7:30am and had to wait until after 12:00 because the captain swamped his boat on the first run. He got towed back in and got a different boat to take us to the island. Got camp set up after 2:30 this evening. Looking forward to in the morning.

Comment

Well back from the hunt. Our group didn’t have any luck when we left Saturday at noon there had been 9 Sambar killed with three nice bulls killed. It was an extremely hard hunt dealing with the thick sand and long distances to the good areas.

Comment

Anymore details? Who shuttled you, where did you camp, what area did you hunt?

Comment

Outlook8
                    I will get the information when I get home from work.

Comment

Information

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                      Anymore details? Who shuttled you, where did you camp, what area did you hunt?
                      Sorry I forgot to reply to your questions.
                      A fishing guide by the name of John Sapp ferried us to the island.
                      We camped on the west end of the island camp grounds.
                      we hunted more of the center portion of the island. Half of the nine animals came from the area where the marshy area meets up with the pine trees. Bad part is there are 200 plus people on the island hunting at the same time. My thought is it would be a better hunt if they reduced the number of people and raised the fees. Talking with the staff they only estimate that there are between 80 and 90 Sambar on the island.
                      PM me if you need John phone number.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

I was looking at the regs on this and it says its a muzzleloader hunt. Can you not bowhunt them?

Comment

Working...
                          X