Weird dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Y’all do lots of fishing and hanging out with celebrities in your dreams. My most memorable dreams usually involve a woman or two.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I remember correctly, Mary Lou Retton is your dream girl!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L88Dh3IPL0"]Amberen Multi-Symptom Menopause Relief - Mary Lou Retton - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-22-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of wasted days and wasted nights to me.

Comment

I've had some weird and very vivid dreams but it's been many years. They usually involve some mix of family, guns, and non-existent creatures. If I filled in the details, I'd likely get committed. It is strange how I can remember the details of some dreams and others, not a single second.

Comment

100% positive that a bowhunting forum is not the best place to suggest this, but if you ever want to experience profound fully conscious dreaming, spend 90 minutes in a float tank.

Comment

They might be a result of eating frito pie at your age.

Comment

My dreams are not so much weird ones, but nightmares. Several times a week, I have very vivid and quite often terrifying nightmares and they are always about ghosts. Always trying to get me and hurt me. Sometimes I know it is a dream, and in that dream, I will scream to wake myself up, only to realize I have actually screamed. I have to lay there a few minutes to clear my head. If I close my eyes right away, all I see is the ghost/ghosts. It sux.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Anyone else get in a fight in a dream, but you can only move in slow motion? I'm always getting the crap beat out of me.
                I have dreams like this. Also, have dreams where I am in a confrontation and cannot pull the trigger, etc. Very strange **** indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  100% positive that a bowhunting forum is not the best place to suggest this, but if you ever want to experience profound fully conscious dreaming, spend 90 minutes in a float tank.
                  I’ve done a few floats. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
                    I’ve done a few floats. I like it.
                    Now y'all have me curious. What is this? Does it involve mushrooms or peyote?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Now y'all have me curious. What is this? Does it involve mushrooms or peyote?
                      No, all natural, and the worst thing that happens is you come out of it very relaxed. A float tank is essentially a sensory deprivation tank. Completely devoid of sound, light, smell, etc. The tank has about 1 foot of water in it with 1200 lbs of salts dissolved. This makes the water able to support your entire body weight with no effort on your part. You float perfectly on your back at a temperature at a temperature that your body feels is neutral, resulting in the cancellation of sense of touch.

When the lights dim and gradually go pitch black, you just relax and breathe slowly and evenly. At first your brain will go into high gear, grasping for something to focus on. Then it settles. As you continue to breathe your brain activity begins to flow very gently, and thoughts wash ashore and then go back out like waves at the beach. Then as you continue to just breathe and observe your subconscious mind will come to the surface and you may experience hallucinations. I saw the sun appear in the tank and open like a geode, but the most remarkable experience I had was that for a period of about a half hour I thought I was sitting upright on a bench thinking to myself. Then as I breathed in I realized I was still in the tank. Things like this flowed in and out until the lights gradually came back on. Not everyone will experience this but if you just focus on breathing and not worrying about what might/should happen, your mind will be free to roam.

Edit: important note - any visual hallucinations pale in comparison to the experience of your mind naturally transitioning into and out of the subconscious.
                      Last edited by txpitdog; 01-22-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        No, all natural, and the worst thing that happens is you come out of it very relaxed. A float tank is essentially a sensory deprivation tank. Completely devoid of sound, light, smell, etc. The tank has about 1 foot of water in it with 1200 lbs of salts dissolved. This makes the water able to support your entire body weight with no effort on your part. You float perfectly on your back at a temperature at a temperature that your body feels is neutral, resulting in the cancellation of sense of touch.

When the lights dim and gradually go pitch black, you just relax and breathe slowly and evenly. At first your brain will go into high gear, grasping for something to focus on. Then it settles. As you continue to breathe your brain activity begins to flow very gently, and thoughts wash ashore and then go back out like waves at the beach. Then as you continue to just breathe and observe your subconscious mind will come to the surface and you may experience hallucinations. I saw the sun appear in the tank and open like a geode, but the most remarkable experience I had was that for a period of about a half hour I thought I was sitting upright on a bench thinking to myself. Then as I breathed in I realized I was still in the tank. Things like this flowed in and out until the lights gradually came back on. Not everyone will experience this but if you just focus on breathing and not worrying about what might/should happen, your mind will be free to roam.

Edit: important note - any visual hallucinations pale in comparison to the experience of your mind naturally transitioning into and out of the subconscious.
                        That sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't mind trying that.

Comment

I'm usually a superhero.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            I don't usually remember dreams, but last night was a weird one. Me, Freddy fender and Axle Rose went crappie fishin. Huh? Y'all ever have strange dreams?
                            I thought I recognized some people on that boat.

Comment

I got drunk and fell asleep in my satellite dish. My dreams were broadcast all over the world.

Comment

I was on a lease for nearly 40 years, and then it sold. I had dreams off and on about it for a couple of years. The two I remember was: 1) I was sneaking back in there to hunt, and I'd almost get caught! 2) I still had the lease, but when I pulled up to hunt I saw the land owner had bulldozed the entire place! Crap, I'll probably dream about it tonight now that I told somebody!!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X