X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Tundra all the way.
    Just ticked 200k on mine.
    Had to replace the alternator at 186k but been flawless other than that.

They are built like tanks, and use about as much gas .
    Can't wait for that 6 to get here.
    I don't think Toyota is gonna crap on us.
    They may though!
    T already has a def system for gas engines.
    Considering the current administration, if they roll the 22s out with that system, I'll be in my current truck till it dies.
    Before the new 2022 comes out, I may Trade my 2017 Double Cab for a 2021 Crew Max since I have two babies now and need some extra room for car seats.

I'm hesitant to buy the V6 Turbo the first year, I may wait a couple of year for them to catch and fix all the kinks. I am sad that they're doing away with the V8 though!

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
      I have both and love everything about both

Lots of help I know

To be fair, my Titan is the XD with the Cummins so it isn’t really apples to apples

My tundra has about 160,000ish and the only thing that has ever had to be “fixed” is a bad starter and at about 120,000 the rear main seal started leaking and had to be replaced
      How much did it cost to get the rear main seal replaced? My dad bought a super clean 2012 TRD Rock Warrior with 128,000 miles. Truck looks brand new. I crawled under it and noticed a tad bit of oil around the pan, and on the bell housing, and I'm wondering if it's not the rear main. Just a slight seap. Nothing is hitting the ground. It's not the Valve cover gaskets. It possibly could be the oil pan gasket I suppose. Other then that the truck is a gem. Had Mobile 1 changed every 5000 miles on all the regular maintenance and fluid changes done at the dealership.

I thought $16,500 was a fair price.

Comment

i owned a Tundra for 3 years and loved every year. the only issue were my front brakes. took it to many places including the dealer and still had my rotors warp after 6-7 thousand miles. got 15-16 mpg empty and 9-10 mpg pulling a trailer empty or loaded.

i hope that helps

Comment

I just bought a Tundra TRD Pro, last night, and I LOVE it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            How much did it cost to get the rear main seal replaced? My dad bought a super clean 2012 TRD Rock Warrior with 128,000 miles. Truck looks brand new. I crawled under it and noticed a tad bit of oil around the pan, and on the bell housing, and I'm wondering if it's not the rear main. Just a slight seap. Nothing is hitting the ground. It's not the Valve cover gaskets. It possibly could be the oil pan gasket I suppose. Other then that the truck is a gem. Had Mobile 1 changed every 5000 miles on all the regular maintenance and fluid changes done at the dealership.

I thought $16,500 was a fair price.
            No help for ya really.... I did it got the cost of the part and a 12 pack to my buddy for the use of his lift. It’s a really easy job, if you have a hydraulic lift

Comment

Originally posted by EHenry1217 View Post
              i owned a Tundra for 3 years and loved every year. the only issue were my front brakes. took it to many places including the dealer and still had my rotors warp after 6-7 thousand miles. got 15-16 mpg empty and 9-10 mpg pulling a trailer empty or loaded.

i hope that helps
              what year Tundra was it?

Comment

I loved my tundra. If I didn’t have to upgrade trucks for towing reasons I would probably still have it.

Comment

My Tundra is great. Wife has Sequoia which is pretty much the same vehicle. We have had only minimal maintenance issues. We love the turn radius and durability. The only downside is gas mileage. Other than that it's a great vehicle.

Comment

Before I bought my F150, I looked at Nissan's. Try as I might, I just couldn't vibe on the look. I would buy a Toyota before a Nissan, but what do I know, I bought a Ford!

Comment

Tundra

Comment

So I drive a Tundra, I bought new in 2010, she still keeps trucking along. Only issue so far is a water pump. My wife drives a 2018 Nissan Titan, hers is currently sitting in the shop getting a new transmission @50k miles. She doesn’t pull anything, just drives it to work. Her truck is a Pro-4x, it is very nice, has lockers, all the bells and whistles, it does not have the power that my Tundra does. She loves it, and that’s all that matters, but I would not personally drive one.

Comment

I sold my Tundra in feb. Had 262k miles. Bought a nissan titan xd pro4x. I like that i have gooseneck and can pull the big trailer. Gas millage is better than tundra, but that is about all. If tundra brought out a longer bed crew cab i would be back in. But to answer, Tundra hands down. Solid truckn. My titan sounds like a bags of bolts on the ranch. Their fender well skirts make tons of noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            I sold my Tundra in feb. Had 262k miles. Bought a nissan titan xd pro4x. I like that i have gooseneck and can pull the big trailer. Gas millage is better than tundra, but that is about all. If tundra brought out a longer bed crew cab i would be back in. But to answer, Tundra hands down. Solid truckn. My titan sounds like a bags of bolts on the ranch. Their fender well skirts make tons of noise.
                            Not to mention the hood squeak. Lol. My wife has been driving Nissan for 10+ years, first an Xterra, then an Armada, now a Titan.

Comment

I’ve owned 8 Toyota’s over the years with only one being a tundra but all being 4wd trucks and can’t complain about a single one, my last one had 250k and is still running strong with a family member and my current one is at 143k with no issues! So I’m a fan of Toyota’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both! Quality is top and Nissan has a better warranty. The new Nissan gas is very powerful.

Nissan 5.6L
                                400 hp & 413 torque

Toyota
                                381 hp & 401 torque

Comment

Working...
                                X