No announcement yet.

Neck Shot Placement Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shootem in da front of da neck below da jaw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131129_121232.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	24595543

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
      What about when broadside or quartering to or away?
      If they are focused / intently looking at something with their ears pointing in the direction they are watching, they will usually hold still long enough to take the shot if yourself are ready.

I just prefer them to be looking forward & lay the cross the horizontal crosshair on the brown/white patch line.

Comment

Ive been accused of over analyzing stuff in the past. Its a problem.

Let me put it this way, when aiming for the neck, are you aiming for the center of the neck (when broadside) or top 1/3 of the neck or something different?
        I prefer to be a ways down from the chin myself...remember the head is going to move first and the quickest from point of aim & why many avoid the noggin all together. I just feel being more towards the middle is a little safer if they turn right when the shot goes off.

Comment

I prefer to not shoot them in the neck at all. I used to neck shoot does, but they don’t bleed very much and the meat always has more blood in it than need be. But......if that’s the only shot you have, then you’ve gotten good advice above.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            If they are focused / intently looking at something with their ears pointing in the direction they are watching, they will usually hold still long enough to take the shot if yourself are ready.

I just prefer them to be looking forward & lay the cross the horizontal crosshair on the brown/white patch line.

Exactly what I do too. IF they're broadside with the head facing broadside also, I shoot right dead center of where the lower edge of the ear hits the neck... That sure makes cuttin' their head off when you're done skinning.

Comment

If you do choose to take a neck shot, be sure to have a stable rest. If I’m in a box blind, I’ll slide against the wall for more support.

Comment

I like this shot placement. Drops em like lightening hit em.

Comment

no more noggin shots for me...their head can move fast.

Comment

I find this works better than the neck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I gotcha, OP. I actually have a scientific reference diagram I made. You guys can feel free to save for later use.
                      Shoot them in the yellow areas.

Comment

Dad always taught me center of the neck, half way down (from the jaw to the body) or higher. That way, the impact of any shot is a DRT and any miss is clean. On a similar note (respect for the animal), I was taught to clean up the animal as much as possible for the LDPs. Push the tongue in, remove it from the blood pile, entry hole facing camera if nasty exit, etc.
                        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 10-11-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                          I like this shot placement. Drops em like lightening hit em.

Wow hit her so hard it knocked her leg off.

Comment

yep works every time

Comment

White patch

Comment

When do you "have to" shoot it there?

Any pics of the exact location?
                                I like neck shots when they are close enough. You don't loose any meat. Longer shots I always shoot at lungs and heart area.

Comment

Working...
                                X