Skiddish deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiddish deer

So I hunt in a place where there must have been some serious poaching back in the day because the deer are ALWAYS skiddish. It doesn’t matter if they smell you or not. Getting a shot on these deer is dang near impossible and if they are in a herd of 3 or more, just forget it! Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did once. They always looked up and busted me or just wouldn’t come in as well. Simply moving my tripod to the other side of the feeder made all the difference in the world

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
      So I hunt in a place where there must have been some serious poaching back in the day because the deer are ALWAYS skiddish. It doesn’t matter if they smell you or not. Getting a shot on these deer is dang near impossible and if they are in a herd of 3 or more, just forget it! Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, but I quit hunting your place.

Comment

I’ve got some pigs that are super jumpy coming in. The deer are dumb. My deer will come in, smell me and blow then just keep eating corn [emoji23]

Comment

Yeah their grandparents must have told them about the poaching back in the day

Campfire stories I bet

Comment

Shoot the first one to show up so there are not 3 of them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine were like that in year one, but are getting a lot more calm now it seems.

Comment

I ain't never seen no skiddish deer. What color are they?

Comment

I have experienced this in North Texas and even the slightest pin drop and all the deer would run and not come back for days. I even had to stop running my feeder during prime time hunting times because they were too spooked by it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    I ain't never seen no skiddish deer. What color are they?
                    If you're worried about his spelling why not just give him an FYI and be done with it instead of buying this chops.
                    Oh wait I know why.

OP just a friendly FYI skiddish is actually spelled skittish.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Yes, but I quit hunting your place.
                      haha, thank God! Glad you left me a few..

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        If you're worried about his spelling why not just give him an FYI and be done with it instead of buying this chops.
                        Oh wait I know why.

OP just a friendly FYI skiddish is actually spelled skittish.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
                        haha, so it is, must have overlooked that one! I've never claimed spelling to be my strong suite!

Comment

Our old East Texas lease had some spooky deer. My dad had his bow stand way back in some thick stuff, next to a big drop off to a dry (mostly) river bed. There were never a lot of deer on his camera but looked like a spot where something big would hide out.

Anyway, his favorite story to tell about that spot was the time a small 8 came in to his feeder. Said he would take one step, look around, sniff a little, then repeat until he finally made it in. He'd eat a piece of corn then throw his head up trying to catch movement. He was too narrow to shoot and dad said after a few minutes he settled down. About that time a drop of water fell off a leaf and landed on top of the feeder barrel. Deer ran so fast he almost tripped over himself and was still moving full blast when he went out of site.

Comment

I've seen it around feeders before. Got away from the feeder with some hand corn and they were a heck of a lot calmer.

Comment

Hey PB2 I think you meant busting his chops not buying this chops. We all screw up.

Comment

Working...
                              X