Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses direct tv or dish and internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who uses direct tv or dish and internet?

I have always had cable. Never a dish. Our only option is suddenlink and I HATE them. They recently had a huge price increase.

I need high speed wireless internet and TV. My wife watches the tv. Who has made the switch? Whats it all cost? Any hidden BS besides the rate increase after 12 months?

DirecTV satellite is famous for the 12-month teaser rate and then jacking it waaaay up. If you can already get high speed internet, just ditch the cable and satellite altogether. Get your TV feed from a streaming service - they are much cheaper (as in $40-50/mo.) & most of them offer a free trial.

I started with SlingTV, tried Hulu Live, and now use DirecTVNow full time. We also use Netflix & Amazon Prime for movies, but not very often & they are cheap $10-12/month each. Saved $1200 the first year after dropping cable.

Comment

S a t e l i t e

i n t e r n e t

s e r v i c e

i s

s l o o o o w.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
        S a t e l i t e

i n t e r n e t

s e r v i c e

i s

s l o o o o w.
        Haha. I’m on it right now in the middle of nowhere. A long way from a city. It’s not that bad.

Comment

I got rid of Dish about six months ago. Was a painful experience. They wanted to charge me around $400 for an early termination fee. Claimed that a service call a few months back to replace a defective receiver had renewed my contract for another two years. I spent a lot of time on the phone before I reached someone who made sense and agreed I had not renewed my contract. We now use Prime Video, Hulu, and OTA programming. Don’t miss the 190 channels we never watched on satellite.

Comment

I've used DirecTV for about 18 years. We're probably gonna fire them soon. I'm a great customer and they continue to jack up prices and charge for previously free equipment. I love the satellite service, but their pricing is pissing me off.

Comment

Don't change for price, they all charge about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                DirecTV satellite is famous for the 12-month teaser rate and then jacking it waaaay up. If you can already get high speed internet, just ditch the cable and satellite altogether. Get your TV feed from a streaming service - they are much cheaper (as in $40-50/mo.) & most of them offer a free trial.

I started with SlingTV, tried Hulu Live, and now use DirecTVNow full time. We also use Netflix & Amazon Prime for movies, but not very often & they are cheap $10-12/month each. Saved $1200 the first year after dropping cable.
                YEP! We went to DirectTV Now, which I got a promotional rate and free HBO with my ATT wireless plan, subscribed to Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix, and have Spectrum High speed internet. Total out of pocket is about half of what we were paying for middle of the road cable and highspeed internet. Couldn't be happier. Only downside, and it's really not a big deal to us, is that we can't pause and rewind live tv and the DVR only holds 20hrs of media.

Comment

we have had direct for several years,, when they tried to go up once we told them come get it we would not be held for ransom,, they gave us a lower rate and no problems since then,,, for internet we use hughes net,, very pleased way faster than the other satelite services we tried, better rates too,, signal stays strong through most storms

Comment

you should be able to find an micro wave based internet...like western broadband there in Georgetown.

We have had Directv for a zillion years. but...they are going up in price, so may have to check out dish

Comment

We use direct tv with highest speed internet package they offer. I pretty much have ATT for everything. I have been for quite a few years. My price recently went up to like 150 something bc my two year contract was out. I called them the next day and said I was done with it. Imthe price went right back down to 74 and change a month. Like 300 channels and I think 200megs internet.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        We use direct tv with highest speed internet package they offer. I pretty much have ATT for everything. I have been for quite a few years. My price recently went up to like 150 something bc my two year contract was out. I called them the next day and said I was done with it. Imthe price went right back down to 74 and change a month. Like 300 channels and I think 200megs internet.
                        We had AT&T for a number of years. We moved and the cell service was poor on a good day. Some days no cell service at all. When we called them they would admit that they had several towers down but they had no urgency to repair. I wanted to keep AT&T because it was the only service that worked at my lease. So I asked for a cell booster. They were happy to provide one for $150. Needless to say we are now Verizon customers.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                          We had AT&T for a number of years. We moved and the cell service was poor on a good day. Some days no cell service at all. When we called them they would admit that they had several towers down but they had no urgency to repair. I wanted to keep AT&T because it was the only service that worked at my lease. So I asked for a cell booster. They were happy to provide one for $150. Needless to say we are now Verizon customers.

What will make u mad is that u didn’t need a cell booster, if you have WiFi and a iPhone u just turn on WiFi calling in your settings and it’ll make phone calls through ur WiFi if ur cell signal is not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I've used DirecTV for about 18 years. We're probably gonna fire them soon. I'm a great customer and they continue to jack up prices and charge for previously free equipment. I love the satellite service, but their pricing is pissing me off.

I’ll spend $2000 a month on vehicle payments but I will fire my landscaper, maids, or my cable provider for a $20 a month increase.

[emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had DTV for years. Every time they jack up the price, I call and get new discounts. Never been a problem. Sat internet is very slow. I would keep your internet with Suddenlink (yes they suck) if that is your only provider for internet and get DTV for your TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X