No announcement yet.

Life flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My recommendation is that of a former ER nurse. Some of the men and women flying up there are absolutely the best of the best nurses/paramedics I’ve ever seen. Lives have absolutely been saved because of their services whenever your typical road based crews would have been much less feasible. It’s amazing what a good crew can do with a critical patient, 90 miles, just a few minutes, and such a small amount of room to work with. Mind blowing.

Comment

Most don't. I'd refuse unless it were life or death

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
        My recommendation is that of a former ER nurse. Some of the men and women flying up there are absolutely the best of the best nurses/paramedics I’ve ever seen. Lives have absolutely been saved because of their services whenever your typical road based crews would have been much less feasible. It’s amazing what a good crew can do with a critical patient, 90 miles, just a few minutes, and such a small amount of room to work with. Mind blowing.

I agree completely but on the other side of the coin you have the private companies that are strictly in it for the money and hire the bottom of the barrel because they pay from the bottom of the barrel. Sadly it’s no different that many other professions out there but the difference is their decisions are life or death.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Macie was Life Flighted to Houston, 8 years ago. We are still paying on that bill, and it shows on our credit!

We have PHI now for when we are at the lease. Another thing to think about. Take some longitude/latitude points on your lease and name them. Put them on a type them out on a small card and have it laminated so that if you need and of the 911 services you can give them the points to find you quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Air Evac Has a station in Brownwood that covers Brady

Thank you

Comment

Life flight in July for my pops from waxahachie to big Baylor was 40k.

Comment

Who covers Stonewall county???

Comment

I have a life card in my billfold. Wife and I are covered.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    We have MASA. When my wife was life flighted last year after she went into cardiac arrest from El Campo to the Med center the cost was about 50k. Our primary insurance covered a chunk and then MASA covered the rest, we paid nothing out of pocket. I believe we pay about $9 a month for the service, I highly recommend it.
                    MASA Medical Transport Solutions is what I have also. It pays what my health insurance doesn't and covers ground, helicopter and plane transport. Doesnt matter which company is used and is around 10 bucks a month for everyone in my household to be covered. Fortunately I have never had to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Just curious...does anyone know someone who was life flighted that didn't really need to be causing them to be 50K in the hole?

1n 2010 or 2011, my daughter was Air Lifted from our ranch in Madison County to the hospital in Bryan after a horrible four-wheeler accident. The part that insurance didn't cover was $16k. She was released that evening with a concussion.:roll eyes:

The paramedics where concerned about a more serious head injury. In hindsight, it was ridiculous to call for Life Flight, but at the time I was like, "whatever we need to do". She's a hardhead and was fine in a couple of days.

Comment

I called my insurance company. Mine was under the “ambulance” provision.
                        It may depend on your plan, but out Cigna plan covers 100% one the deductible is met for a medical emergency.
                        I specifically asked about a $50-$60k life flight. She said it was covered....hopefully I won’t find out.

Comment

I usually post something about the helicopter services every year, but forgot this year.

To the OP, I hunt in western Val Verde and Terrell County. I contacted my friend who works for Air-Evac and this was his response.

"Air Evac has an aircraft in Val Verde County which is based at the hospital in Del Rio. Our sister company AeroCare has a base in Ft. Stockton. They are about equal distance to the Northwest corner of Val Verde County."

My recommendation is to first check with you insurance to see what is covered. A friend of mine got helo'd to San Antonio from Fredericksburg and the bill was 52K. Fortunately he was a member of the helo service that carried him.

Or, look onto MASA. I have it through the county and it costs me $9/month. It covers air and ground transportation no matter what service takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                            We have MASA. When my wife was life flighted last year after she went into cardiac arrest from El Campo to the Med center the cost was about 50k. Our primary insurance covered a chunk and then MASA covered the rest, we paid nothing out of pocket. I believe we pay about $9 a month for the service, I highly recommend it.
                            This, what we have as well!!

Comment

i looked at MASA it was $720/year. is that correct?
                              will it cover us everywhere in Texas?

Last edited by Dave W; 10-09-2019, 09:21 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                                i looked at MASA it was $720/year. is that correct?
                                will it cover us everywhere in Texas?

https://www.masaassist.com/us

According to what I have there are 3 benefit plans with MASA that I could choose from.

Platinum $39/mo which basically covers worldwide with some restrictions
                                Emergent Plus $14/mo covers US and Canada with restrictions
                                Emergent $9/mo covers US and Canada with restrictions

The Platinum and Emergent Plus have benefits of nonemergent transportation, mortal remains transportation, minor children, vehicle return, etc. that I don't care to use at this time. I just want to be covered for emergent ground and air at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X