Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default A little upset

My daughter brought home her homework folder from school, sheís in the 2nd grade. Well the folder looked older than me, it was falling apart and being held together by tape. Before school started the wife and I took the kids supply shopping so they can pick out what styles of supplies they wanted/needed. Of course her being a little girl picked princes, unicorn, rainbow, and stars stuff. Well our daughter said that on the first day they took all the kids supplies and handed them old used supplies or they handed there supplies to other kids. Iím not very happy right now and donít know what to do. Am I over reacting? My wife wrote a letter to the teacher that my daughter will deliver.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
SHSU18
Eight Point
 
SHSU18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Brady, Tx
Default

No. You are in the right. Yes some kids are less fortunate, but you and your wife worked hard to be able to supply your daughter with the material she has.
SHSU18 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
asu-indian
Eight Point
 
asu-indian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lake Fork
Hunt In: Texas, Kansas
Default

Socialism you know
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #4
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

I would be up there in the morning and they would know when I left that I was serious. Do not put this on your daughter !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #5
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

It always bothered me too. We never had old stuff passed out, but the supply list was always way more than one kid would need, then they put it all together and pass it out to everyone. Many didnt bring anything at all, while the responsible parents paid for the other kids stuff.

I know some will say all kids deserve supplies etc ( and I agree ) but it teaches the kids the wrong lesson. Work harder and you will be penalized by paying for the others stuff. Dont work and someone else will provide for you.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #6
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I would be up there in the morning and they would know when I left that I was serious. Do not put this on your daughter !
I told mama for us to stop by and talk to the teacher but the school has this rule of no parents being allowed past a certain point yada yada yada. We would need to make appointment to speak to the teacher. That would be the next step if she doesnít bring her own supplies the next day.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
WTucker
Ten Point
 
WTucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orangefield
Hunt In: Votaw, Anywhere else I can.
Default

My sons school puts all the supplies in stacks in the classroom and hands it out with no regard as to who bought what. It aggravated me last year because he ended up with some crappy stuff.

This year we wrote his name on everything that mattered and his teacher was good enough to give him those supplies.
WTucker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:30 PM   #8
Hendo
Six Point
 
Hendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Waco, TX
Hunt In: Limestone County, TX
Default

Thatís BS! Iíd let them know about it for sure!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Ohh and we bought like 100 pencils for her and guess what she never has a pencil in her backpack she always needs to use one from home. She said she doesn’t have any for school. They ask for Kleenex, disinfecting wipes, and hand sanitizer for what? Sounds like a grocery list for their house.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #10
MLank
Ten Point
 
MLank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas
Default

I'd like to say I would be getting my stuff back.... but, I'd probably just let my opinion be known, and then get my kid new stuff. With a big warning to school to not touch my kid's new stuff. Fool me once....... yadda yadda yada
MLank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #11
ChickenWilly
Pope & Young
 
ChickenWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canton, Tx
Hunt In: Lampasas and anywhere else I can!
Default

Yep my daughter is in first grade and the supply list specifically said plain colored folders and certain pencil bags and what not. That way everyone had the same stuff and nobody would feel left out is what I gathered. The world is getting too darn soft. Everyone gets a trophy mentality

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ChickenWilly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #12
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Another thing that bothers me. They push the free lunch program so hard. This year when we walked in during meet the teacher night, first thing in the door they attempted to force everyone to go to the library computers and apply for free lunches. Everyone was happily going in to get free meals. I walked past it and they tried to stop me and "force" us in. I told em Im not doing it and kept walking. Guess nobody has any pride anymore. So much for American self sufficiency. We are doomed.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #13
TxAg
Pope & Young
 
TxAg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DFW
Default

Maybe get the straight story from the adult and then decide
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #14
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

I know how my momma would've reacted if my trapper keeper was given to someone else
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #15
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

I don't think you should send the letter with your daughter. I think you or your wife should be delivering it in person.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #16
merlin
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Label your kid's items with a permanent marker.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #17
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I don't think you should send the letter with your daughter. I think you or your wife should be delivering it in person.
I thought the same thing but we talked about it in front of our daughter(our mistake) and she kinda got embarrassed about the whole deal. When mama said about sending a note instead she smiled and didnít feel too bad about it anymore.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #18
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
Label your kid's items with a permanent marker.
We do lol, thereís probably a Emily in her class with a unicorn binder that says Kaelyn on it.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #19
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Not an overreaction at all. So freakin tired of handing out stuff to the dependents of bags of crap
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #20
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Don't send a letter. Go talk to the principal.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #21
Stuck
Ten Point
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

The following is coming from the teacher sitting next to me.

Most folders are color coded. All take home folders are a specific color, red, blue, vanilla....when kids show up the first day with folders that are not the required folders the teacher usually supplies them. They donít come from the school, the teacher has purchased them. I promise the teacher does not want another princess folder. The school should have supplied a list of required supplies for the school year before school started.

After 18yrs of my wife teaching I have funded probably $1000ís of dollars worth of school supplies for kids Iíve never met.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #22
BTLowry
Pope & Young
 
BTLowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5
Default

Screw that crap

Apparently you have a young one and many more years to put up with this crap

Next year donít buy a **** thing

Wait until about the end of the first week and then get what your child needs and write their name on it multiple places with a permanent marker

We never fell for that crap after the first time they pulled it

If kids need school supplies then let the school district buy them
If they can spend millions on stadiums, indoor practice fields and all that other stuff that is not necessary for education then they can buy school supplies easily

If I know of a family that is in need I will gladly contribute to help their kids get the necessities though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #23
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
The following is coming from the teacher sitting next to me.

Most folders are color coded. All take home folders are a specific color, red, blue, vanilla....when kids show up the first day with folders that are not the required folders the teacher usually supplies them. They donít come from the school, the teacher has purchased them. I promise the teacher does not want another princess folder. The school should have supplied a list of required supplies for the school year before school started.

After 18yrs of my wife teaching I have funded probably $1000ís of dollars worth of school supplies for kids Iíve never met.
Well that makes sense, I would be happy to buy the color coded folders or binders that would be used. The list never specified a color scheme for the class just said 7 folders etc. I wish I wouldíve taken a pic of the shape folder was in.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #24
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5CM View Post
Well that makes sense, I would be happy to buy the color coded folders or binders that would be used. The list never specified a color scheme for the class just said 7 folders etc. I wish I wouldíve taken a pic of the shape folder was in.
Folder being in real poor shape makes sense with what Stuck says.

She may be recycling the folders from year to year.

In to hear the outcome.
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #25
RMW
Ten Point
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

Never heard of that happening around here and if it did it wouldn’t happen again. Go get her supplies back.
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #26
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
Screw that crap

Apparently you have a young one and many more years to put up with this crap

Next year donít buy a **** thing

Wait until about the end of the first week and then get what your child needs and write their name on it multiple places with a permanent marker

We never fell for that crap after the first time they pulled it

If kids need school supplies then let the school district buy them
If they can spend millions on stadiums, indoor practice fields and all that other stuff that is not necessary for education then they can buy school supplies easily

If I know of a family that is in need I will gladly contribute to help their kids get the necessities though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, the city I live in Iím sure has a high poverty level I wouldnít mind helping other families that are in need. Iím sure some of said kids have moms with a fresh manicure and dads with new rims on their POS truck and latest cellphone but guess what little jimmy didnít get supplies this year.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #27
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Folder being in real poor shape makes sense with what Stuck says.

She may be recycling the folders from year to year.

In to hear the outcome.
Yep thatís what I was thinking too. I would think the school district would help teachers a little more. Like what was mentioned above they build new football stadiums buy new uniforms every year for sports. (I played sports) just venting a bit.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:57 PM   #28
Kevin
Ten Point
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan
Default

My son is 2 so I haven’t seen this yet. If I buy it and it goes somewhere else without knowledge beforehand I will flip out. I will supply stuff to any kid that needs it, but don’t steal from my pocket.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 10:58 PM   #29
RMW
Ten Point
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
My son is 2 so I havenít seen this yet. If I buy it and it goes somewhere else without knowledge beforehand I will flip out. I will supply stuff to any kid that needs it, but donít steal from my pocket.
This right here^^^^ same as stealing
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:01 PM   #30
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Maybe get the straight story from the adult and then decide
I think Iíd also go with this.

Not saying the OP has done this (at all), but some of these responses make it clear that many people will/would believe a story their young child tells them without confirming with the teacher.

And we wonder how we wind up with so many helpless adults....
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #31
Mission408
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cleburne
Hunt In: Brownwood
Default

My wife taught first and kinder and they were required to pile the kids supplies on a table then equally pass it back out.... She homeschools now
Mission408 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #32
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
I think Iíd also go with this.

Not saying the OP has done this (at all), but some of these responses make it clear that many people will/would believe a story their young child tells them without confirming with the teacher.

And we wonder how we wind up with so many helpless adults....
Youíre right.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #33
jds247
Ten Point
 
jds247's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bridge city Texas
Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county
Default

They do the same crap where we are.. I don't see how any teacher has to come out of pocket with the amount of pencils and packs of paper on the list.. they tried to put printer paper on the list this year.. I told the wife to send him 1 of everything on the list with his name on it.. I'm not buying printer paper when I pay so much in school taxes.
jds247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #34
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds247 View Post
They do the same crap where we are.. I don't see how any teacher has to come out of pocket with the amount of pencils and packs of paper on the list.. they tried to put printer paper on the list this year.. I told the wife to send him 1 of everything on the list with his name on it.. I'm not buying printer paper when I pay so much in school taxes.
They also asked for a package of manilla folders lol why the hell would a 2nd grader need manilla folders? I never saw a manilla folder till I started working in a office when I was younger.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #35
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

When we were younger all you needed was a backpack some crayons pencils pens folders binders with paper inside. The list is getting ridiculous.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #36
CEO
Pope & Young
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

My youngest is in Kindergarten, and like we did with our older one, we ordered his supplies through the school. On meet the teacher night we made sure it was there and the teacher said it was but on the first day it goes in a big pile with everyone else's and gets passed out as needed. We're not in a school where many of the kids won't bring supplies but if a kid uses a glue stick I paid for when his parents didn't bring one I'm not losing sleep over it.

My parents had to buy three boxes of Kleenex every year as part of my supplies. I've never blown my nose once in 36 years.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #37
DK1555
Four Point
 
DK1555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Default

yeah i would not be a happy camper either.

Our education system sucks, teachers are awesome people being set up to fail by the system. 4 years ago my wife started teaching in a not so great part of a different town but she loved it and felt like she was making a difference in some of their lives. A few months in she came home with bruises from one of the boys hitting her. She reported it but admin did nothing and it happened a few more time same outcome. Went in to year two and it was deja vu, 2nd time she came with a little shiner bc when she knelt down one of them punched her. Told her I would be attending class the next day and dad was getting an arse whipping when he dropped the kid off and then the principal was next, I don't hit my wife and no one else will either. She started crying and begging long story short she no longer works in education but coaches privately. Really wish our society still had a backbone
DK1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #38
Stuck
Ten Point
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5CM View Post
Yep thatís what I was thinking too. I would think the school district would help teachers a little more. Like what was mentioned above they build new football stadiums buy new uniforms every year for sports. (I played sports) just venting a bit.
Teacher gets a desk, chairs and chalk board (or whatever theyíre using now). All the decorations on the walls, supplies not brought by kids....all supplied by the teacher.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #39
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
My youngest is in Kindergarten, and like we did with our older one, we ordered his supplies through the school. On meet the teacher night we made sure it was there and the teacher said it was but on the first day it goes in a big pile with everyone else's and gets passed out as needed. We're not in a school where many of the kids won't bring supplies but if a kid uses a glue stick I paid for when his parents didn't bring one I'm not losing sleep over it.

My parents had to buy three boxes of Kleenex every year as part of my supplies. I've never blown my nose once in 36 years.
I donít mind helping others I enjoy helping and sharing but the school has donation boxes and supply drives throughout the summer. The kids get excited to get their cool supplies, glitter glue scented pencils or whatever lit is they like lol. Like stated above I live in a city where parent priorities are all kinds of screwed up thereís money for everything else but school necessities. And I literal LoLíd in the Kleenex part.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #40
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Teacher gets a desk, chairs and chalk board (or whatever theyíre using now). All the decorations on the walls, supplies not brought by kids....all supplied by the teacher.
Thatís crazy! But now that I think about it while in school itís nice to have a well decorated classroom it made it fun. I was in rooms that were decorated from wall to wall and others that had one or 2 posters. I honestly wish teachers got paid way more I know itís a profession that one loves and doesnít do it for the money.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #41
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Sorry for all the venting. First world problems I guess.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #42
CEO
Pope & Young
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5CM View Post
I donít mind helping others I enjoy helping and sharing but the school has donation boxes and supply drives throughout the summer. The kids get excited to get their cool supplies, glitter glue scented pencils or whatever lit is they like lol. Like stated above I live in a city where parent priorities are all kinds of screwed up thereís money for everything else but school necessities. And I literal LoLíd in the Kleenex part.
The specialty folders and other supplies I completely agree. Shouldn't be difficult to keep those with the kid that brought them. My luck I would end up with some girls My Little Pony folder.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #43
Cbb1722
Ten Point
 
Cbb1722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds247 View Post
They do the same crap where we are.. I don't see how any teacher has to come out of pocket with the amount of pencils and packs of paper on the list.. they tried to put printer paper on the list this year.. I told the wife to send him 1 of everything on the list with his name on it.. I'm not buying printer paper when I pay so much in school taxes.
They need printer paper because the tests they give kids nowadays require more paper because of the ďcurriculum standardsĒ. Iím about to be 22 so Iíve seen what most of yíall are seeing in my later highschool years and remember how it was when I was still in elementary and middle school. So I waited till my first day of homework before I went and bought what I needed for each class. Me being me it wasnít much since Iíd shove my homework in my back pack and not in a folder. But I knew how it was gonna go beforehand. It gets easier in middle and highschool with all that. But itís still the point.
Cbb1722 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:31 PM   #44
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
The specialty folders and other supplies I completely agree. Shouldn't be difficult to keep those with the kid that brought them. My luck I would end up with some girls My Little Pony folder.
Or powerpuff girls lol
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #45
warrington
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Heath, TX
Hunt In: Abilene
Default Theft

Theft
warrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #46
LlanoHunter10
Six Point
 
LlanoHunter10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: League City
Hunt In: Llano
Default

They're simply pre-conditioning your daughter for the socialist America she'll be growing up in.
LlanoHunter10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #47
Scrambler
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

Last year my twins were in kinder and I was aware of what to expect. We bought all the supplies needed and gave them to the teacher. After the year was over the teacher sent back everything that was not used. My kids loved this teacher so the next day I took all the leftovers back to her and told she could keep them for next year
Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #48
Stuck
Ten Point
 
Stuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Katy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5CM View Post
Thatís crazy! But now that I think about it while in school itís nice to have a well decorated classroom it made it fun. I was in rooms that were decorated from wall to wall and others that had one or 2 posters. I honestly wish teachers got paid way more I know itís a profession that one loves and doesnít do it for the money.
Believe me, I wish they got paid more too. . And I do understand your frustrations, I have the same ones, and there has been a couple of times Iíve gone toe to toe with a couple of them. But most teachers are just following their marching orders from the principal or the district.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #49
6.5CM
Ten Point
 
6.5CM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Believe me, I wish they got paid more too. . And I do understand your frustrations, I have the same ones, and there has been a couple of times Iíve gone toe to toe with a couple of them. But most teachers are just following their marching orders from the principal or the district.
Iím sure itís the district.
6.5CM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #50
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK1555 View Post
yeah i would not be a happy camper either.

Our education system sucks, teachers are awesome people being set up to fail by the system. 4 years ago my wife started teaching in a not so great part of a different town but she loved it and felt like she was making a difference in some of their lives. A few months in she came home with bruises from one of the boys hitting her. She reported it but admin did nothing and it happened a few more time same outcome. Went in to year two and it was deja vu, 2nd time she came with a little shiner bc when she knelt down one of them punched her. Told her I would be attending class the next day and dad was getting an arse whipping when he dropped the kid off and then the principal was next, I don't hit my wife and no one else will either. She started crying and begging long story short she no longer works in education but coaches privately. Really wish our society still had a backbone
Man I hate reading that. So ridiculous we allow teachers to be treated so poorly, and the kids are allowed to get away with so much.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com