No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of how many years she ends up getting. I won’t be surprised when they find her dead in her cell. There’s no way they’re gonna let her serve her sentence in peace

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
      Regardless of how many years she ends up getting. I won’t be surprised when they find her dead in her cell. There’s no way they’re gonna let her serve her sentence in peace
      Who is 'they'?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        Who is 'they'?
        Other prisoners

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
          asking for a friend? why murder here but no for the Houston narcos cops killing couple in there own home?
          Tell your friend, the Houston officer who filed a false affidavit was charged with Murder.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
            maybe race wasn't an issue in this particular case, but this cold blooded killer was in fact a racist.

being jokingly racist is still racist.
            Oh yeah this is proof of racism

Comment

Other prisoners
              Why would she be singled out? Because she was a cop? Don't cops go to jail all the time without being killed?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                Question for LEO....what is your training for first aid after you are forced to discharge your weapon and stop a threat? I would assume once the threat is neutralized you would then be trained to administer first aid. Is that correct? I am really just curious what's trained vs what was done in this case.
                We are required to call for medical services, not render aid.

Comment

You must have finally taken your Geritol Ave are feeling froggy [emoji1306]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    let me throw in my $.02
                    I don't think racism has anything to do with this but without knowing her personally I cant say that 100%. I've worked with several lawyers in cases against law enforcement in the past so I do have some experience in how a jury might react. LEO's are expected to be held to a higher standard than the average citizen and have more training to help with judgement in situations just like this. she exercised poor judgement and has paid the price. its as simple as that.
                    Wonder how the opinions would have varied had she been some random woman with an LTC that did the same thing, and not a LEO.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Wonder how the opinions would have varied had she been some random woman with an LTC that did the same thing, and not a LEO.
                      Can't speak for anyone else but it wouldn't have mattered to me if she was a purple alien from a marvel movie. It is murder to enter another persons home and shoot them dead.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTCU View Post
                        Man, this is a tough subject. What if Bonham Jeans was a short old white lady? Would the outcome of been different? Would Amber have felt threatened? Should that matter?

I don't think any of us can answer, nor should we. Not saying it was racism or not, but its tough to speak in definitive terms one way or the other.
                        I doubt she shoots if it was an old small white lady, If it was a large white male I bet outcome is the same. In the back of your mind there is probably always a thought that work may follow you home at some point. Somebody's gang member, relative or partner of someone she put in jail finding where she lived and trying to retaliate. I doubt she walks up to her apartment every day thinking " I sure hope there is a black person in my apartment so I can shoot someone today".
                        I think any male presence regardless of race would have had the same outcome majority of the time in this situation.
                        As said many times regardless of intent its a tragedy that ruined/ended two peoples lives in the blink of an eye. Very sad

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          I doubt she shoots if it was an old small white lady, If it was a large white male I bet outcome is the same. In the back of your mind there is probably always a thought that work may follow you home at some point. Somebody's gang member, relative or partner of someone she put in jail finding where she lived and trying to retaliate. I doubt she walks up to her apartment every day thinking " I sure hope there is a black person in my apartment so I can shoot someone today".
                          I think any male presence regardless of race would have had the same outcome majority of the time in this situation.
                          As said many times regardless of intent its a tragedy that ruined/ended two peoples lives in the blink of an eye. Very sad

Completely agree. I guess my point was, none of us were there, so we cant speak in definitive terms about intent racial or not, or what she thought of Bonham Jeans at the time. Lets say it was a large white male, that's still bias to assume this person is a threat because of who the person is. Its human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            I doubt she shoots a small old black lady either...

Comment

Does it really matter what she WOULD have done? Complete guessing game anyhow. Focus should be on what she did do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                                Does it really matter what she WOULD have done? Complete guessing game anyhow. Focus should be on what she did do.
                                Which a lawful use of deadly force... when someone can get past the emotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X