Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chongo View Post
    I've yo-yo'd a lot in recent years both in weight and workout consistency. I have, for the most part hung out in the mid 230's. After our beach vacation this summer I hit 244 and really felt the extra weight. Instead of using work and kids and everything else as an excuse as I have been doing, I'm going back to what I know has worked in the past for me.

I've got a gym less than a 1 min. walk from my office, and have gone back there for my workouts. MWF I'll leave the office at 4 and hit the gym. I'm about a week in on Keto and feeling better. I've started Stronglifts 5x5 (had great gains the last time I did it) and will transition to a different program once completed. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout (1st in probably 4-5 months) and I felt the lack of mobility/range of motion. I need to stretch! Off days will include light cardio or jogging.

My biggest roadblocks have been time and diet. With six kids and sports and therapies and running a business and starting a business my time has been limited. I've converted my garage to a home gym, used it for a few months, then slipped and let everything else be an acceptable excuse. I've got sandbags, which are a great workout but, I freaking hate it, thus I don't do them and find excuses not to. By hitting the gym at 4 I'm eliminating the time excuse. I almost always do some work each night from home so I'll be able to cover anything I miss in the last hour of the day.

My goal is to get back to 185-190 with a 1200# max in the big three and get back to an 8min mile over 3-4 miles. Basically, I want to be the 22yr old knuckle dragging grunt I used to be. At 36, I'm not sure if it'll happen but that's the longterm goal I'm working towards. Short-term, I just want to be consistent.
    Looks like you are on the right track. Let me know if you want some help on an eating plan.

I'm getting closer to my goal weight of 210 (this morning was 212) from 301 a year ago. Don't have a regular workout routine, just get out to the garden a bit and then yardwork on the weekends. Your eating is 80%-90% of your weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
      I'm getting closer to my goal weight of 210 (this morning was 212) from 301 a year ago. Your eating is 80%-90% of your weight loss.
      That is fantastic, congrats!

Yes sir! I'm a sucker for bread and fried food. I've eliminated processed foods and really stick to lean meats and some veggies. Except for bacon. I'll never give up bacon.

Comment

Here's the last month's progress.
        Monday, July 22nd -- 239 lbs.
        Monday, July 29th -- 232 lbs.
        Monday, August 5th - 222 lbs.
        Monday, August 12th - 221 lbs.
        Monday, August 19th - 219 lbs.
        Monday, August 26th - 212 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
          Here's the last month's progress.
          Monday, July 22nd -- 239 lbs.
          Monday, July 29th -- 232 lbs.
          Monday, August 5th - 222 lbs.
          Monday, August 12th - 221 lbs.
          Monday, August 19th - 219 lbs.
          Monday, August 26th - 212 lbs.
          That's a good amount of lb's dropped. Keep it up!!!!

Comment

Arms, core and cardio this morning! 1hr and 40 mins with 1003 cals down the drain.

Warm up was 10 mins on the skeeter. Did the Bi/Tri routine below plus a Incline Bench SS DB kickbacks and the core seen up top plus oblique plate raises. Cardio was 22 mins of stair master.

I did change the Hammer Curls to 21’s because my left bicep is still tender. Probably another 1.5-2 weeks before I can get to far from neutral grips. The EZ bar Curls we’re pushing it.

Next 3 days I’m at the in-laws in the middle of know where so planning on 3-5 mile jogs every day.

Comment

Chest and back today. 3 warmup sets followed by 2 heavy sets and 2 strip sets. It takes me longer to do this routine than normal I guess because I'm not getting in everything I'd like to do. But, then again, I'm pretty spent by the end of the hour to hour and a half.

Bench press/V-bar bent over row
              Inverse grip bench press/BB row supinated grip
              Cable fly/body weight ring pullups

I didn't have enough time for ab work today. I gotta get back to the keto diet looks like. Back up 4 pounds to 232. Dangit!

Comment

Wide slide push-ups.
                1½ dips.
                Tubing sword raises.
                Tubing dual stretch front raises.
                Lying DB tricep extension.
                Rest between sets was some form of stretch.
                Next week is the x-tinction workout.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Whew! My body is ready for a few rest days. I’m sore. I made sure to hit the gym each day and will be back in there on Monday.

The 5x5 program is pretty simple. Three core lifts each day.

A: Squat, Bench and Row with a few accessory lifts and B: Squat, OHP and Deadlift and add a few different accessory lifts. Alternating days (MWF) adding 5# to each lift, each day. 10# to deadlift. I’m doing a 20-30 min walk on treadmill at a moderate pace with the incline around 60%. It’s worked really well in the past and I’ve only ever needed to deload for the OHP, hoping the same remains true this time through it as well.

Y’all have a fun & safe weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by chongo; 08-30-2019, 10:47 PM.

Comment

In the middle of no where for the wife’s family reunion today through Monday.

This morning was 4.6 miles on the pavement and hoping for something similar tomorrow

Comment

Haven't posted here in awhile,I can never find it w/tapatalk.
                      Been rotating in some resistance band workouts lately.High knee sprints,with one around my waist.Looped around a weight stack is a killer! Saw Frank Medrano doing them on YouTube.
                      Keep after it boys!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        Haven't posted here in awhile,I can never find it w/tapatalk.
                        Been rotating in some resistance band workouts lately.High knee sprints,with one around my waist.Looped around a weight stack is a killer! Saw Frank Medrano doing them on YouTube.
                        Keep after it boys!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                        Click the banner with the check mark on the top right of the screen to subscribe. Then go to the bell on the home page of Tapatalk to find it.

Comment

Been having problems getting below 208. Turns out, these cheap scales I bought a few years ago, don't work very well for peeps who have a wide stance. Centered my feet up on them and was at 200 this morning . That's 38 down from when I started back in June. Ahead of schedule. Think I'm gonna look at buying a better set of scales again.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Comment

Hit the gym today. Got my lifts in and 20 min on the treadmill at incline. Felt really good today, much of the soreness from last week is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed Sunday

Yesterday I started over with Chest and ran 2.5 miles

Today was Arms, Core and cardio

Tomorrow will be Legs or Back

Going cold turkey on alcohol again.
                              Eating better too. For the 5,000th time
                              Last edited by 150class; 09-03-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Plyo X push-ups.
                                DB incline bench press.
                                Plank hover holds.
                                Incline push-ups.
                                Power plankups.
                                Bodyweight tricep extension.
                                Bench dips.
                                Tubing woodchopper pushdowns.

Comment

Working...