Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Heck I think if 10 people answer you'll receive 9 different answers.

I have to have Prework out to get going, plus I like the Beta-Al to get the rush going, so I do Legion, Bucked up, or Total War in that category.

Protein is protein. Look for something with a high protein content and low cals, sugar, and sodium (if possible). I honestly couldn't even tell you what I am taking right now. If it fits in the right parameters and is on Sale I snag it. Also if I can replace

Haven't messed with any fat burners or anything like that so someone else will have to chime in.

Honestly if you just cut of some of the crappier food, cut down on the drinking (if you drink), along with eating slower/smaller portions you'll see the best results. IMO at least.

For protein powders, I have used in the past, I like Animal Whey but I don't like the green cloud that follows me around when I drink whey protein shakes. Don't buy in to the "anabolic window" mumbo jumbo. It's just that mumbo jumbo. I get all my protein from food and I take in around 170 grams per day and I currently weigh 273.

Fat Burners are usually just caffeine pills with a couple of other products and I don't use them. I have in the past and they can be good when used throughout the day as energy pills. The best fat burner is a good eating program, which is one you will follow, and a solid workout program.

Base your eating plan on your goals. Are you looking to drop a little weight, add on some mass or just feel and look better. As 150class said, drop the crap and adult beverages and you will be surprised at how far you can go with that. To go more in to it, you can also cut the simple carbs, sugars, breads and "starches" in favor of lower glycemic index carbs such as oats, steel cut oats, rice and sweet potato's. You can also look in to programs like Keto, I'm on it and I'm a big fan of it, Paleo etc. As I said, the best eating plan is the one YOU will follow. Not what's good for anyone else but you.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Heck I think if 10 people answer you'll receive 9 different answers.

I have to have Prework out to get going, plus I like the Beta-Al to get the rush going, so I do Legion, Bucked up, or Total War in that category.

Protein is protein. Look for something with a high protein content and low cals, sugar, and sodium (if possible). I honestly couldn't even tell you what I am taking right now. If it fits in the right parameters and is on Sale I snag it. Also if I can replace if with regular food that is high in protein I do that whenever possible.

Haven't messed with any fat burners or anything like that so someone else will have to chime in.

Honestly if you just cut of some of the crappier food, cut down on the drinking (if you drink), along with eating slower/smaller portions you'll see the best results. IMO at least.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        For protein powders, I have used in the past, I like Animal Whey but I don't like the green cloud that follows me around when I drink whey protein shakes. Don't buy in to the "anabolic window" mumbo jumbo. It's just that mumbo jumbo. I get all my protein from food and I take in around 170 grams per day and I currently weigh 273.

Fat Burners are usually just caffeine pills with a couple of other products and I don't use them. I have in the past and they can be good when used throughout the day as energy pills. The best fat burner is a good eating program, which is one you will follow, and a solid workout program.

Base your eating plan on your goals. Are you looking to drop a little weight, add on some mass or just feel and look better. As 150class said, drop the crap and adult beverages and you will be surprised at how far you can go with that. To go more in to it, you can also cut the simple carbs, sugars, breads and "starches" in favor of lower glycemic index carbs such as oats, steel cut oats, rice and sweet potato's. You can also look in to programs like Keto, I'm on it and I'm a big fan of it, Paleo etc. As I said, the best eating plan is the one YOU will follow. Not what's good for anyone else but you.
        Great info and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          LOL! Yeah, I'm starting over again today. Salad for lunch and then back to keto for dinner. Probably axis backstraps stuffed with jalapeno and wrapped with bacon. Maybe another salad and some other veggie. Now, if I can just keep the little woman from making the rice pudding or the the pineapple upside down cake she's been wanting to make I'll be OK. I must be STRONG! LOL!
          Dangit. She made the pineapple upside down cake!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            Dangit. She made the pineapple upside down cake!
            Cake is the devil!

Comment

Finally got the ultrasound results back Saturday, and they said everything looks normal. Planned to start back where I left off on AX-2 yesterday, but a plumbing issue threw a wrench in that plan. I want to start back on a Monday, so I made up a workout to get me going today. Took it out on the patio, phone says 98 degrees.
              Jumping jacks, high knees, and butt kicks, 25 reps each 2 rounds.
              100 reps jump rope non-stop.
              Push ups to failure, then dropped to my knees and went to failure again.
              100 reps jump rope.
              50 bodyweight squats.
              100 reps jump rope non-stop.
              50 reps each side Russian twist.
              100 reps jump rope.
              Came in the house and did neutral grip chin ups to failure, then jumping negative chin ups to failure.
              Light stretch afterwards. Today is the first time I've been able to do 100 jumps of the rope without tripping up. Got it done twice today.
              My sweat is sweating!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                Cake is the devil!
                For real! The bad part is I'm a carb and sugar eating fool and I've cut down a bunch to try and lose some BF.

I missed yesterday, but made it today. Still working on 2 heavy sets followed by two strip sets. I'll finish out the week this way then move to a timed routine next week. Legs and biceps today.

Preacher curl/seated calf raise
                BB curl/hack squat
                Incline DB curl/leg extension
                Hammer curl bar/prone leg curl
                Cable rotations

Comment

DB curls
                  DB skull crushers
                  DB flat bench press
                  DB one arm rows
                  DB shoulder shrugs
                  Sit-ups
                  3 sets of each, increasing weight and decreasing reps each set... except for the sit-ups.

Comment

Was planning on doing legs today, but they're still stiff from Tuesday.
                    Hanging knee raises.
                    Hanging straight leg raises.
                    Hanging L sit (twice).
                    Plank hold.
                    Roll ups.
                    In and outs.
                    Each exercise done to failure.

Comment

DB Bulgarian split squats.
                      DB deadlifts.
                      DB hip thrust.
                      DB calf raises.

Comment

Went back to my previous routine, strength training, and away from Oly lifting. I just can't seem to get the snatch down properly. Getting under the bar is a lot harder than it looks. It was squat day and I over did it for sure. On calves, yep, over did it on calves. Tendonitis on both calves are making it a chore to walk. This to shall pass.

Comment

8/21 was arms and cardio for me

Been down here in port Mansfield since Wednesday so will be back at it tomorrow when I get home

Comment

Been down 30lbs most of this week. Sept goal met. Going for another ride in the morning, and maybe Sunday too, if the streets are dry. I sure miss riding after work during the week. Once it cools down a bit, I'll get the bike out after work. Right now it just sits on the trainer under the A\C during the week. Drives me nuts when I gotta do it that way! My diet has changed a great deal as well since I started back in June. Had my first gout attach couple weeks ago in my left metatarsals. That has changed my diet again too. I'd take up running. But Ankylosing spondylitis is keeping that from ever happening again.

Comment

Finished Back and legs today when I got home from PM

1hr 45mins with 1425 cals

3.25 mile jog for a warm up

BB Squats SS Lat pull downs
                              Deadlift SS High Rows
                              Lunges SS Tbar Rows
                              Leg Press SS Wide grip lat pulldown
                              Leg Ext SS Straight arm lat pull downs
                              Leg Curls SS Low Rows

15 mins in the sauna to wrap it up

HEB has all their protein and preworkouts for 25% off today and tomorrow for those looking

Comment

I decided to skip the timed routines and stick with two heavy sets followed by two strip sets for awhile. The pump never gets old with strip sets. Chest and back supersets. Dadgum people killed my mojo this morning. Tried to get a giant set of strip sets in and EVERYONE wanted the same equipment.

Bench press/narrow grip bent over t-bar rows
                                Inverse grip bench press/v-grip lat pull down
                                Cable fly/ab roller/ball crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X