American Airlines refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Airlines refund?

Anybody had any luck getting reimbursed from American Airlines.
    They canceled a flight from Dallas to Austin and did not have another one with seats until 10p the next day. I had to be back at work so we rented a car to get back. Now they don’t want to pay for the rental car. I am I wrong for seeking reimbursement? How can I get them to pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. American Airlines is horrible when it comes to customer service. Hope you're the exception.

Comment

What does their published refund policy state?

Comment

They won’t refund unless if it mechanical

I have my flight canceled and since I was an AA card holder they had trip disruption insurance. They paid me for my hotel and food but did not refund my rent car

Comment

If you are able to get anything out of them other than blank stares and rejection, please post your process here for others to know your magic.

Comment

They will not pay your rental. I was coming back from Grand Cayman 2 weeks ago and they dumped us off in Houston instead of Dallas due to storms. They tried to put us on a flight the next day at 10 am but I rented a car and drove. The flight they tried to put me on never left till 2, they never paid for hotels like they said they would. I did not get a dollar from them and I have status with them.

Comment

Go to prefunds.aa.com. Have your ticket number ready and initiate the refund process.
              Last edited by ctom87; 07-25-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                Do you have twitter?

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                  Yes

I changed my advice - see above.

Comment

I saw all the warnings on here but too late. I will never fly American again even if I have to pay extra. What made it worse was the fact that my mother in law was with us and she has cancer and it really stressed her out.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                      I saw all the warnings on here but too late. I will never fly American again even if I have to pay extra. What made it worse was the fact that my mother in law was with us and she has cancer and it really stressed her out.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, GT. It's hard, if not impossible to make things like that right with your MIL. I'm hoping through the above link you could at least get some money back.

Best of luck buddy. Hope they make it right.

Comment

Airline ticket refund yes and it was fairly easy. I bet the odds on a rental car cost are slim to none.

Comment

I've always gotten something out of them when I've been inconvenienced. Miles usually. That's better than a kick in the groin though.

Took the fam to Paris, France last month. AA cancelled our return. A friend on the FB alerted us about EU laws. They have specific provisions for the consumer: If your flight is delayed 4 or more hours or cancelled with no other flight within 4 hours, they pay up to $600 euros. We had to ask about it, AA was not forthright with the info, but when we did the process was relatively easy. They took a month to respond but we are expecting 600 euro x 4 passengers within a month. SO, go EU on that one. In the US it leans way more toward the corporation vs the citizen, IMO. Yes, I believe in capitalism however I know lots of capitalists that have been inconvenienced by airlines that would agree with the EU policy too. Give me something for my trouble caused by your company.
                          Lean on them and they'll give something back. good luck.

Comment

About 20 years ago I had a flight delayed out of DFW to Miami with a destination to Perú. They were no help but I got a flight with LanChile to Lima. I believe LanChile got some sort of reimbursement from AA but AA never communicated anything to me. My parents recently had to delay their flight to South Carolina by 24 hours without help from AA.

Comment

Working...
                            X