PSA For Euro Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    I did that one time.The dirt kinda soaked into the skull,and made it turn a brown/dirt color.Wouldn't bleach out.You ever have the same problem?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    I was actually being a tad facetious initially however it’s def not a route I wouldn’t go, but reading your result I might be hesitant. When it comes down to it if it’s something I’ll want done perfectly that will make a man cave wall in the house or so it’ll go to a guy with beetles or taxi. If it’s ant bed worthy it’ll prolly be a garage rack and I won’t care too much about final result.

Comment

Man, too bad you're in a hurry.. I've put them in a big storage tub of water up to the horns and put it up on an outside shelve with the lid on. Unfortunately it takes a month or two to get all the stuff to come off, the warmer it is outside the better, but when its done it comes out just a little bit stained and I just put it in a warm peroxide rinse and let it sit for a spell and then its good to go.
      I've done this hair and all, it'll smell a bit while it's there, but not too bad unless you disturb it, then be ready for death! I usually put the smaller ones that I don't want to sit around watching boil and ones that most folks would just hack the skull plate off of instead.

Comment

I've composted a few I couldn't get to for a while. Just don't bury the antlers. They will clean up pretty good. Not taxidermist quality but good enough for me.

Comment

Ha! Funny thread here. When I was 13-14 I put off cleaning a head for a day or two. There was a strict policy from momma that there would be no skull capping and all euro mounts for all the deer we killed. Afterall, she had a rustic wagon to fill up (which actually turned out to be a really cool deal when it was filled up with euros), and so there I was going to skin it, maggots and all.

All I'll say is that the smell was worse than you imagine and it took much longer than it should. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Always best to skin it right then and there.

Comment

I have guys bring them to me like that all the time. But I charge them a hefty “SAF” fee. Still makes me dry heave a little bit. Most of them though just leave it laying around instead of taking care of it.

Comment

Working...
            X