No announcement yet.

road hunting question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang. Sounds like we were hunting pretty close to you pilar. Where the big white camp house on the hill before you get to the Lincoln ranch.

Comment

one of my places is bordered by county roads without fences and I'm eyeing the 30 ac on the other side of one. anyway, I use the roads to walk to and from certain stands and have never been hassled.
      I have access to thousands of acres in ND that has a county road every mile but we never shoot across or from the roads.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        If it is owned or maintianed by the county city or state then illegal. If you own it or privately owned you can do what ever you **** well please on it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
        Hmmmm, they dont maintain the road, but there is a power line on one side that they maintain vegetation......how about that?

J

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Dang. Sounds like we were hunting pretty close to you pilar. Where the big white camp house on the hill before you get to the Lincoln ranch.
          We were very close, our south entrance was turn north when Nicholson turns back west in to Callahan at biel lake , Junco ranch
          Is on west side , walker on East

Comment

Me and a brother in law were hunting on a blacktop road late one day when the game warden drove up. Told my bil well, I think we are getting ticketed. He got out and I told him the landowner said we could hunt on his place, we were just too lazy to open the gate. He said "ok, do you mind if I hunt also?" I said sure, he didn't even check our license. This was Van Zandt Co. in the mid 80's. We really did have permission, we were hunting a cousins field the day before and we saw a lot of doves going to roost on Larry's place, we called and he said it was ok, he was a family friend. It was easy to get ok's in the 80's, not as easy as it was 20 yrs earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
              The other post about shooting deer from a road made me think of this question.

A place I used to hunt about 20 years ago had a county road running thru it. We had hunting rights on both sides of the road. Part of the place was not fenced. We would often see deer while on the road going thru the place. Would it have been legal to shoot those deer if we stepped off the road and shot from the ditch?

Just wondering?
              No.

Comment

Hunting
                How far from a public road does a hunter have to be before the hunter may shoot a firearm?

There is no set distance from a public road, provided the hunter is on private property. However, Section 42.01(a), Penal Code, provides that a person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly discharges a firearm on or across a public road.

Comment

Working...
                X