Christmas Decorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Decorations

Am I the only one still putting these things out?

My motivation to do complete this task is low. Not that I'm not happy we've arrived in December, but not having done it over Thankgiving weekend I feel like what's the point.

Started putting them out this afternoon, but have stopped to go to a work meeting at 18:00.

Anyone else?

Just put something out tonight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

My 8 year old made sure we had ours set up just after thanksgiving. I had this old tractor tire laying around so we decided to paint it and turn it into a wreath.

She said we don’t buy Christmas decorations, we build them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
        My 8 year old made sure we had ours set up just after thanksgiving. I had this old tractor tire laying around so we decided to paint it and turn it into a wreath.

She said we don’t buy Christmas decorations, we build them!

that does look cool.

This evening I get to play find the light problem. Got the lights deployed in the bushes and they were all on. Wife came home and asked when I was going to finish. What?

Yep, half the lights are out. Think its a fuse. Going to get to Walmart and just buy a new set. Fix the fuse issue later.

Will get the rest deployed this evening after work. Fun times

Comment

Finished putting everything up last night!!

Comment

I've been laid up with a torn ligament in my knee. Our decorations will get done this weekend when my son is home. Folks down here on Mockingbird have had Christmas decorations out since the week after Halloween.

Comment

I got ours set up before thanksgiving but didn't plug the timers in until the friday after thanksgiving.

Built a lot of the decorations this year. Now the inside of the house looks like Rudolph farted as there are decorations every where. Shoot we might have more lights inside than outside

Comment

Not one decoration and not one gift purchased yet. But we only have 6 kids and 17 grandkids to get gifts for so I have plenty of time.

Comment

I put out mine last night, now I can go hunting tomorrow and mama is happy

Comment

We put ours up, both inside and outside, this past Monday. Both retired but "some" of our kids and their families will be here for a short time Christmas so we want the lights to welcome them.

Best thing I ever did was give away all the blasted strings of lights and inflatable décor two years ago. We replaced them, bought for half price after Christmas sales, with the lazer's that display green & red twinkling dots.

We have 7 of them and our half acre is covered with lights. A few extension cords and they do the job. Family likes the look and our neighbors do too.

Just do it and feel the spirit!

Comment

I love Christmas! It gives a friendly reminder to try and be kind to people all year long and be a better human being, I enjoy it even more now that we have children. Decorating was a tradition for my family when growing up and now our kids take an active part in it as well.

Comment

Inside is done minus a tree courtesy of the girlfriend. I will be doing the outside Friday and picking up a tree.

Comment

This time of year, I’m convinced my wife hates me. I hate decorations and she loves them. It’s been a losing battle for years. However, I get the crap down from storage and she either does it herself or pays someone to (outside lights). I’m not wasting time on stupid crap. Merry Freaking Christmas!

Comment

I never took mine down

Comment

I can get mine up in less than an hour. Seven lighted wreaths and string on the retaining wall. Only have to climb a ladder to hang one above the front door. The others I can hang from the ground or from inside upstairs

Comment

Working...
                              X