Vortex Crossfire 12x50 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Crossfire 12x50 review

I’m needing some new binoculars. Between riding around on the dash of the truck and my 9 and 11 yr old boys “using” them... I’m not ready to spend tons of cash. I looked at the Vortex Diamondbacks but am wondering if I can get by with the Crossfire. I know they’re entry level but does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only pair of binoculars I have and I like them.

Comment

I have the 10X50 Vortex Crossfire and really like mine

Comment

I would certainly compare any brand to the competition at any price range. My brother has a pair of binoculars from Vortex. He really likes them. I've made efforts to not let him look through my Nikons, as I want him to continue to be happy with his. We spent about the same and I would say he really didn't shop enough but just went on the good Vortex name.

My son was about ready to buy a pair like his uncle's. Then he looked at other brands. He didn't buy the Vortex.

Comment

Thanks guys! I think they’ll work for what I’m needing but it’s always good to hear some firsthand experience.

Comment

Bass Pro is having a Black Friday sale on Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binos 129.00 The sale last 6 hours only and I think it starts at 5:00 am.

Comment

I like my Vortex Diamondback 10x50, only complaint is ive had the eye piece adjuster break off twice, they fixed it the first time and I’m about to get them back for the second time, we will see if this happens again tho!

I know they’re a little more pricey, but I’m really enjoying my Ziess Terra HD 10x42 that I just got since my stieners were stolen

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                Bass Pro is having a Black Friday sale on Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binos 129.00 The sale last 6 hours only and I think it starts at 5:00 am.

I saw those. If I can get myself out of bed I’m going to go take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                  I saw those. If I can get myself out of bed I’m going to go take a look. Thanks for the heads up!

That's the binos I have and I love em.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    Yep, highly recommend these. Remember, Academy will price match and beat by 5% if you want to deal with that on Black Friday morning.

I want to say last year Optics Planet ran the same deal as Bass Pro/Cabelas and I was able to order a pair for my wife online.

Comment

Looks like Midway USA has the Gen I's for $129

$129 Vortex Optics Gen I Diamondback Binocular Green

Comment

Went to Academy today and they had nothing in Vortex with the 50, Weatherford store.

Looked thru all the different brands and bought Nikon 16x50 for $129. My son has the Vortex model 10x42 in the OP and he likes them but wishes he had the 50.

My reason for the 50 is for more clarity and light absorption for those times before 30 minute pre-sunrise at rifle range. Yeah, bow days long gone due to both shoulder issues. Last weekend I had two deer at the feeder about 10 minutes before legal shooting time and could not make out anything but blurred shapes?

Just can't afford the really high $$ Zeiss, other brands these days so hoping the new ones will solve the problem to an extent?

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                          Went to Academy today and they had nothing in Vortex with the 50, Weatherford store.

Looked thru all the different brands and bought Nikon 16x50 for $129. My son has the Vortex model 10x42 in the OP and he likes them but wishes he had the 50.

My reason for the 50 is for more clarity and light absorption for those times before 30 minute pre-sunrise at rifle range. Yeah, bow days long gone due to both shoulder issues. Last weekend I had two deer at the feeder about 10 minutes before legal shooting time and could not make out anything but blurred shapes?

Just can't afford the really high $$ Zeiss, other brands these days so hoping the new ones will solve the problem to an extent?

Acedemy has the 12x50 online only.
                          I agree about having those few extra minutes to glass.
                          I saw the 16x50’s but was concerned that holding them may be tough without a tripod.

Comment

This is my second season with my crossfire 12x50s and I love em! I like em better than my buddies diamondback HDs!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              This is my second season with my crossfire 12x50s and I love em! I like em better than my buddies diamondback HDs!

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X