X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be thrilled if someone gave me 150k....please

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      If I were to play, and somehow win, the last thing I would do is go on a spending frenzy. That's asking for a bad road to arise in the travels for your family. I can't imagine too many of the hardcore lottery players will be able to handle that amount of money overnight.

Anyways, hire an attorney, form an LLC, take plenty of time before you make a single purchase or investment. The only immediate things that I would do is pay my tithe (I know, some folks think it's insane, but that's okay...they have the right to be wrong haha) and pay off all debt. After that, it would be a slow process to set up college funds for the kids, and make investments on the advice of men who I trust that have done well for themselves in business. And I would be the old codger at the coffee shop, who no one would believe had any money drive an old truck to town, overalls and work boots, wear a but up old straw hat year round with a sweat stain, maybe chewing on hay straw. Make myself look like the country bumpkin that I am to help ward off the leaches

I would bet every penny I own that you wouldn’t do what you said. The old codgers at those coffee shops probably worked very hard for every penny they ever made and don’t won’t to lose it. You give that old man who is worth 5 million at the coffee shop 600 million and you would never see him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        I would suspect it would be a bank-to-bank transfer and not a paper check---
        This is what I was trying to ask! I guess the money could be drawn out of the lottery and placed in banks , trust funds and such. all good answers and a Good Lawyer and accountant would be a must!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          I would bet every penny I own that you wouldn’t do what you said. The old codgers at those coffee shops probably worked very hard for every penny they ever made and don’t won’t to lose it. You give that old man who is worth 5 million at the coffee shop 600 million and you would never see him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bet it...cause since I've never played the lottery, you have nothing to lose haha

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Trust fund for the kids and extended family. Only get so much per year.
            X2 on the trust fund route.

Have you ever thought what you would do with the winning ticket to protect it? Transport it?

Comment

I would be an absolute nervous wreck until I got the ticket turned in. I can’t imagine the paranoia of worrying about something happening to the ticket

Comment

I would share with me and the wifes family, then share with my friends,trust funds,etc..
                pay off all my debts..buy a piece of land somewhere build a nice 4 bedroom 4 bath log style home on it
                maybe take a trip or 3, and then actually finally be at ease with your life, IF POSSIBLE.

Imagine not owing money to anyone!WOW

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  I wouldn't even claim it until I had a plan that included legal and accounting people

I imagine you can deposit the check, funds availability would depend on strength/size of bank
                  This is the best answer. I wouldn't even take ownership of the money until I knew exactly the best course of action for it.

Comment

Hookers and blow

I'm old so I ain't got much time to enjoy it...

Seriously though, I'd get an attorney and a financial guru to help set up tax shelters/trust and such. Then go get my money and hide for a while. The wolves will be a lookin for ya pretty quick...

Comment

With that much I would help Trump build a WALL.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                        I would be an absolute nervous wreck until I got the ticket turned in. I can’t imagine the paranoia of worrying about something happening to the ticket
                        We had an older couple down the road a couple of miles from me win a significant amount in a quick pick. I was told from a good source they were at the bank when it opened to deposit it in a safe deposit box for safe keeping. When in transit they have a fireproof safe while transporting it for a just in case something occurred, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          Rims, women, and blow...it goes fast
                          Right on

Comment

I've never even won a free ticket on a scratcher, so I don't have to worry. I will never win .

Comment

I already have my island picked out in the Caribbean so I'm good to go. Ya'll are all invited to come stay and fish.

Search Caribbean islands for sale from 7th Heaven Properties, including private islands for sale in the Caribbean and Central America.

Might high fence it
                              Last edited by Tx_Wader; 10-23-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                                Rims, women, and blow...it goes fast
                                Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X