Finally got the ‘Rona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the ‘Rona

Well, I got it. About a week and a half ago, I thought my allergies was acting up. Every year, I have horrible allergies around this time of year always resulting in me getting shots from my doctor, sinus infections, and me losing my smell and taste.

Just to be safe, last Sunday I got the rapid test and antibody test done. Both came back negative.

Drove 17 to Wisconsin and when I got here, I told my sister in law who’s a nurse practitioner and recently tested positive herself that I couldn’t smell or taste.

She told me to get the nose swab test as the rapid test are highly inaccurate. I did and that joker came back positive.

I’m really lucky. Never had a fever, body aches, or chills. Only had a slight dry cough and loss of smell and taste.

If I never got tested, I’d chalked it up my regular allergies.

I did noticed that the last week, my blood pressure had shot up. My SIL and sister (who tested positive last month) had the same thing to happen to them. Something to be aware of.

The family got tested and we’re waiting on the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers sent up brother for a safe recovery

Comment

I woke up Sunday with a cough, extreme headache, scratchy throat, body aches, and really tired.

I tested positive for drinking whiskey and hog hunting until 4:00am. Hope you and the family come through it quicker than I did that hangover.

Merry Christmas, to you and your family, my friend!

Comment

The statement about inaccuracy of rapid tests is interesting. All of the tests I’ve had were rapid nasal swab tests. About 20 min, I asked the dr and he said they were about 95% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
          The statement about inaccuracy of rapid tests is interesting. All of the tests I’ve had were rapid nasal swab tests. About 20 min, I asked the dr and he said they were about 95% accurate.

Guess I was one of the 5%, according to your doctor. Regardless, I believe the PCR test is a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I woke up Sunday with a cough, extreme headache, scratchy throat, body aches, and really tired.

I tested positive for drinking whiskey and hog hunting until 4:00am. Hope you and the family come through it quicker than I did that hangover.

Merry Christmas, to you and your family, my friend!

Thank you, my brother. We still on for that happy hour when I get back.

Comment

Prayers for you and the family bro, stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Well, I got it. About a week and a half ago, I thought my allergies was acting up. Every year, I have horrible allergies around this time of year always resulting in me getting shots from my doctor, sinus infections, and me losing my smell and taste.

Just to be safe, last Sunday I got the rapid test and antibody test done. Both came back negative.

Drove 17 to Wisconsin and when I got here, I told my sister in law who’s a nurse practitioner and recently tested positive herself that I couldn’t smell or taste.

She told me to get the nose swab test as the rapid test are highly inaccurate. I did and that joker came back positive.

I’m really lucky. Never had a fever, body aches, or chills. Only had a slight dry cough and loss of smell and taste.

I did noticed that the last week, my blood pressure had shot up. My SIL and sister (who tested positive last month) had the same thing to happen to them. Something to be aware of.

Basically the same thing happened to me.

Glad you’re doing well.

Comment

Glad you are doing well Leon

I don't have much faith in any of the tests

Comment

Get well my brother! I'll be praying for you and your family. And you know if you all need anything, I can drop it off on your porch.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Get well my brother! I'll be praying for you and your family. And you know if you all need anything, I can drop it off on your porch.

Thanks for that. We’re in Wisconsin now and I suspect this will be all over with once we get back to Texas around the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

I tested negative twice last week. I had unbelievable head aches and lots of head pressure. I had a Phone visit to my Dr. He basically didn’t have a clue. On Monday my head got hot and really red, I decided to stop at an HEB pharmacy and check my blood pressure, it was extremely high. I’ve never had any issues with high blood pressure, always normal. Went to my Dr office he sent me to hospital. Got a Brain scan and it was clear. They have referred me to a neurologist. I’ve thought all along this is Rona, but with two negative tests I guess both could be false negative. After reading you had high blood pressure with it makes me more suspicious of Rona.
                        Leon, hope you don’t have other issues with the Rona,
                        Prayers for comfort and complete healing.
                        Last edited by Mertzon Man; 12-22-2020, 10:51 PM.

Comment

It finally happened. I had several symptoms. Took the rapid test. It came back positive that I'm a bad azz muther forklifter. Nothing unexpected.

Comment

Get well Leon!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let me know if y’all
                              Need anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X