No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Sharing Tags with Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to the original posted question, I would not do it.

It is illegal and it can teach a young impressionable hunter that it is ok to break a game law. Kids, for the most part, know what we teach them.

Let’s teach them right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you're sitting with them and they actually take the shot, I see nothing wrong with tagging the doe with your tag.

Comment

Let kids sit in your lap they look through the scope but you pull trigger?? That would be legal right? Might be a challenge.. I've heard guys talking there kids to Walmart saying they lost their Tags and tell them you shot 1 doe.. boom $7 you get a new set of tags.. Idk if they still allow reprints nowadays..?

Comment

A youth license is literally $7.00......

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
            I think you missed the point entirely.

Comment

Are you advocating for him to buy his kids another set of tags to continue more?

Unfortunately this is a fairly common practice...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I think you missed the point entirely.
                I Definitely didn't miss the point. I've been reading this from the beginning. Some folks trying to talk about spending the money etc. Or You paid for the tags who does it matter who uses them etc. .or you think you own the deer...

Teach the kids the right thing, buy them a license, and everything would be a great and enjoyable experience. My 6 year old had a blast buying his first license and legally harvesting and tagging his first buck.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Are you advocating for him to buy his kids another set of tags to continue more?

Unfortunately this is a fairly common practice...
                  No I'm not. I'm not talking about the OP, that has already been addressed. I'm talking about the comments from others.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                    It's probably "technically wrong/illegal", but (hypothetically speaking) I'd just do it and keep quiet about it. It's literally a no harm - no foul situation IMO, but I'm not the GW.
                    I'd say so, now the guys that limit out and start using their wife or kids tags to shoot more deer

Comment

I Definitely didn't miss the point. I've been reading this from the beginning. Some folks trying to talk about spending the money etc. Or You paid for the tags who does it matter who uses them etc. .or you think you own the deer...

Teach the kids the right thing, buy them a license, and everything would be a great and enjoyable experience. My 6 year old had a blast buying his first license and legally harvesting and tagging his first buck.
                      I don't think anyone has mentioned not buying the kids a license, the issue is they have already tagged out.

Comment

In my opinion this all comes down to the basics of right and wrong. I would not teach my kids to break the law.

Comment

Working...
                        X