No announcement yet.

Pigs gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had pigs leave and never come back after I shot just one of them with a bow. Multiple cams running, never got another pic on the property of that sounder.

On the other hand, I've had a different sounder continue to come to a feeder until I shot nearly all of them with a rifle over the course of a couple months. You just never know.

The only difference I can see is the ones that kept coming back where in the summer when I was probably the only one running a feeder in the area and the others were in the fall.
    Last edited by adam_p; 12-17-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Shot one on the 13th, and they have been around 3 of the last 6 nights, though the pasture shows they've been rooting.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        Probably a dumb question but...before the season and up until mid November we were over run with pigs. Had at least 3 sounders with about 20 in each. They hit the feeders like clockwork. Why is it now we've only seen a lone boar here and there.
        I've heard that once they figure out humans are frequenting the area they move on. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Happens every season.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I set a feeder this summer and the first couple of weeks had solid deer numbers. The. The pigs moved in and pushed the deer out. I setup one evening in late august and ripped about 5 shots on the first sounder with my AR and then waited about 30 minutes until they showed back up and ripped another 5 shots off. Killed one in its tracks and mortally wounded about 3 others that made it off the property.

Since then, I only get a picture of a random boar once in a while. I’m sure they’ll be back and I’ll be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ours disappear when it gets dry

Comment

Had a fairly large group come in and I got 2 with one arrow and the rest went missing.

Think they were back tonight right behind house, killed a black sow with rifle and NV

Comment

Same on our lease they get shot trapped or go to other feeders/acorns. They also move out of heavy hunting areas along the creek bottoms and waterways. Turn a feeder on near water in early summer and they will be there all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                    Probably a dumb question but...before the season and up until mid November we were over run with pigs. Had at least 3 sounders with about 20 in each. They hit the feeders like clockwork. Why is it now we've only seen a lone boar here and there.
                    I've heard that once they figure out humans are frequenting the area they move on. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Maybe trappers? We’ve trapped 81 in the past two months on our place. Finally seeing a big decrease in pigs on camera.

Comment

Keep your feeder throwing year round and when all the surrounding places don't, they will be back.

Comment

In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger “I’ll be back”.

Comment

Working...
                        X